1. Suzuki claims 194 maximum horsepower/114 lb-ft
maximum torque (measured at the crank shaft) horsepower with ram air NOT taken
into consideration. (Note: 173 hp/102 lb-ft claimed for the 2007).
2. Suzuki engineers made it clear that they did
not want the aftermarket world to need to “reinvent the wheel” to
customize the new Busa chassis and/or engine
3. Suzuki engineers claim that the S-DMS Suzuki
Drive Mode Selector is the ONLY restriction placed on the performance of the
bike besides the internal (186MPH) top speed limiter.
4. Engineers stated that 2008 crank (+2mm longer/65mm
vs. 63mm 2007) will fit in 99-07 engines.
5. Fuel and ignition mapping is gear dependent.
6. Fuel injection system is the same as the GSX-R1000
with different internal mapping to match the bike/engine.
7. Wheelbase is shorter, but only due to the
43-18 gearing change which moved the axle forward in the slot compared to the
17-40 gearing of the 2007 etc. (This equates to less than one tooth up in the
rear on the final ratio compared to the 2007).
8. Internal transmission ratios are the same
9. Basic clutch configuration (back torque limiter)
is the same as earlier models but the clutch fibers have an improved material.
10.The windshield is 15mm taller for improved
11. The faring is noticeably wider to keep the
wind off of the riders’ legs.
12. Dual fans and an improved radiator designed
to keep heat generated by additional horsepower under control.
13. Large U shaped cut outs in cylinder in the
side of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses. They may also reduce the amount
the engine can be stroked in the aftermarket world? (It is not yet known if
the 99-07 cylinder will fit to help alleviate this situation).
14. Much attention has been paid to the acceleration
and power of the new engine; higher (12.5-1) compression ratio, titanium intake
and exhaust valves with lighter tension valve springs, lighter piston assembly,
higher lift/longer duration intake and exhaust cams…just to name a few.
The drag strip is tomorrow…we will
keep you posted!
- Brock and Scott