Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sponsorship Decals

I was wondering how many Manufactures in our sport would balk at paying money to a racer if he did not have the chosen sticker What I,m trying to say is for example, you have the Manufacturer's decal on your bike but it is not the one they say they pay on If it has yourcompany name on the decal would you notpay the racerby usingthis as atechnicality It seems to me (and I am a nobody) you would pay up instead of running the chance of losing potential customers over it! You know what they say about customer service, you do good by someone and they tell a couple people, you do bad or underhanded and they tell twenty people. I guess it,s the nature of the customer service beast. Please tell me am I out in left field here or is this normal business practice among contingency company's[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Wade Clark

Looks like Wade plans on doing some collecting next year[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

stealth
    i feel you wade, contingency sponsors are pretty tight. is this in referance to lonny's post race tech sunday or did you have something happen

Hey Ralph whats up The post is not about me, its not about Lonnie either. What happened to Lonnie

This is about a racer who had a sticker on the bike but not the correct sticker the company wanted, and on that technicality they will not pay him![img]smileys/banghead.gif[/img] Does this stink or what. Ralph I was the Manager of Rockdale Cycles for 6 years and I have seen David Mayo(owner of Rockdale Cycles)pay contingencies to a racer who did not even have a sticker on the bike. David asked the racer to put on some decals, the racer did and that was the end of that. It just does not make sense to me that a company would cheat someone out of sponsorship money!Because thats what it is after all is said and done,cheating someone out of money that they earned!

Damage control what do you think[img]smileys/behead.gif[/img]

Wade

Are the rules black and white or is there a GRAY area

I would pay and tell them to put the correct sticker on their bike. Anything less is cheezy.

Jeff

Exactly!

Wade

n2turbos
    Pay them the first time,tell them to put the correct sticker on the bike. If they dont put the right one on before the next race, It is the racers fault for being stupid and not doing what the sponsor asked.

I 100% agree Mike, thats the point I was trying to make. Lets just sit back and see how it turns out!

Wade

stealth

yeah that really sucks, as long as you have the name and logo it should be good enough. but with great people like rockdale. schnitz, and mre that are always at the races itsnot a problem with their contingency programs. lonny had probs with series sponsor decals. wade you should have been at the rock last week. the outlaws and 60" guys were rollin.

happy thanksgiving

Yeah Ralph I think I missed THE race to attend in 2003. Man there was some serious numbers ran at the rock! How did you do[img]smileys/fun_74.gif[/img]

Did Lonny get it worked out, or did he get shafted

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast