Thread: Steppin up....

Mark Neary

I am curious about the flow numbers of a GS1100 head... I have a 1428 motored conversion big tire that goes 9.0's with O/S valves and .348 lift Webs. What kind of flow numbers would or should I assume I have right now and what do I need to get to to say go in the mid 8's
    I understand that this is not near enough information, but, hypothetically speaking, what would be a good way for me to go I am not ruling out new cams, but I would assume that I need to get more flow through the portsa as well....

DragonSlayer
    Is this the same Mark Neary that used to roadrace,back a coupla years ago

Mark Neary
    Nope, never have...

DragonSlayer
    10-4 ,used to know a guy by that name

otherwomen1445
    [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]to go into the mid 8,s as you say you want the head should flow at lest a high number of around 130 or better

wane
    mark you would need around 115cfm intake flow @ .350lift should see you solidly in 8,s eg. similar setup hear in oz 1327cc with stock gsxr 750 j head & small hot up cams went consistently 8.4 mid 150,s hope this answers your question regards wane

i would guess around 125cfm would do it, i think thats about what my head on my push button start 1500cc motor that runs 8.30's is, maybe 130cfm. i would run a much bigger cam though, .348 is small, just that should pick it up some. if it already has OS valves (do you know the size) and a decent port job the head should be good enough for mid 8's if the motors setup right, of course it all depends on chassis and total bike/rider weight also.

hihosilver
    I agree with gsxr1216, I have a gs..1327cc with a 370 lift, mild porting, small tire and it hauls my 200lbs to a 8.60-8.70..."bigger cams and a nice porting job would get it.

Do you guys and galshave any 1/8 times.

I'm building something bigger this winter and our track is only 1/8. I hope to make it next year toa few 1/4 tracks around here.

Thanks

Jake

mines 5.20's@130mph in the 1/8th