Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8.90 motor

JSK

few questions I am building a second motor to run pro star s/c. Right now I am leaning towards putting some spray to it to be able to dial it in at 8.90.

My question is, what size should I make the motor to start with using a stock head that is ported, what cams to use(just figured I would ask,not expecting a response to that one), and what is the best set up for valve seats etc with nos.

BTW: Kawasaki KZ 1000 motor

Spend the $ on head work, NOS is a pain in the ass for brackets, top gas maybe but not S/C.

Just my $.02
    Improvise, adapt, over come, succeed!

JSK, Everyone has theirowncombinations. ButI like to keep it simple=cubic inch and compression.I run a 1428 with 13.5:1 wiseco pistons, Z9-Z10 cams, head ported with the biggest valves you can put on stock seats, 40 Lectrons. I agree with Danno, have torn up too many parts with nitrous. A lighter rider could get by with less.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
    Y B Normal
    *Lunatic Fringe Racing*

Rich Fielding
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe P

JSK, Everyone has theirowncombinations. ButI like to keep it simple=cubic inch and compression.I run a 1428 with 13.5:1 wiseco pistons, Z9-Z10 cams, head ported with the biggest valves you can put on stock seats, 40 Lectrons. I agree with Danno, have torn up too many parts with nitrous. A lighter rider could get by with less.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Joe, what do you run with that spec

Do you mean stock cams ie z9/z10

As you can probably guess my motor is almost the same spec (Or soon will be) and i'm intrested to know what kind of times to expect.

Rich

Rich, 1.30 60f- 3.70 330f- 5.70 660f - 124mph bike 380lbs me 250lbs. Cams or Cam Motion z-9 z-10 465lift and 485lift. The only 1/4 miles time I have was without gone into5 gear an run 9.48, have not ran 1/4 since I fix tran.
    Y B Normal
    *Lunatic Fringe Racing*

1327cc, 14:1 CR, #109 webcams, GPz head with stock valves and S/S port job...8.60@150mph...plenty for S/C...

stock motor with a set of studs and valve springs, and a ray-jay ef60 turbo.

I runa NO2combo in S/C. I like the idea ofhaving adjustable horse power to run the number where ever I go. It requires more work. You need to fill bottles all the time , deal with the temperature and pressure fall-offs and the need for better electronics. It is NOT cheaper.It's just what I prefer at this moment. I also need all the HP I can get because bike and rider is at 720Lbs. I run 1428 13.5-1 with 480/465 cams, 38.5/31 Z-1 head,40 Lectrons , 1-2 GpZ auto and car tire. ( with button start).

I estimate I would need 1500 motor with Ward or Killer GpZ head and big 500+ cams. 44 trons, to make it on all motor and be able to run 8.70's. (250hp)

With that said If I could it on all motor and a throttle stop I would prefer it.Just run and gun with little or no maintenance

Ed Doherty

\"hey Ho... Let\'s go\"
    Manchester, NH (before)
    Venice,FL (Now)
    Prostar 1736 S/C

JSK

CNC dude, that is pretty much my idea with the nitrous, adjustable horsepower. I was also wondering though, what is the smallest shot I can put to a motor.

Lets say I have a motor that goes 9.00-9.05 on motor all day long. Is it possible to make that system give a small enough shot to take it to 8.90.

Put a 40 horse shot on a timer- spray it at 8 seconds into the run or so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast