Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8.90 motor

You can do the timer method and you will need to turn it on a lot sooner than 8 seconds.

I use a Schnitz Pro-Series II box which has all the settings you would ever need. It's not cheap and you will need Dyna 400 trigger and coils.(ignition, timing, timers, % of NO2 etc.). I run the juice right off the start line.

Another method is use a Dyna 2000 ignition (has retard function) and use an Orange cubetimer (Schnitz or MPS). My friend runs it about 1-3 secs out.

Another one is Dyna 4000 and retard box with cube timer.
    Ed Doherty

\"hey Ho... Let\'s go\"
    Manchester, NH (before)
    Venice,FL (Now)
    Prostar 1736 S/C

Thomas Wade Jr.
    CNCDUDE,..by chance,..do you happen to know the smallest timing increment that the ," orange cube" timers handle I ask this cause I want to run adjustable kill time on my girlfriends' trainer bike, without purchasing the Prostreet or Pro-2 box. The bike will be mostle stock, back-cut and I'm not into the .089 kill time on the popular unit used by most guys with the nylon air lines and push pull compression fittings. I need a recommendation for lowest dollar amount to equal programmable kill time. Thanks to you in advance. Bike is " Ohhh, so daggone clean "-concourse condition. Tom

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%">
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD bgColor=#ffffff>Schnitz part # 6964K15 </TD>
    <TD bgColor=#ffffff>Timer - 11 Pin Digital - 1 Dial w/Base</TD>
    <TD bgColor=#ffffff>$109.95 </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

I believe it's 0.00 - 9.99 seconds

I don't think you can use it for an air shifter kill time because it's one-shot timer.

Ed Doherty

\"hey Ho... Let\'s go\"
    Manchester, NH (before)
    Venice,FL (Now)
    Prostar 1736 S/C

I hate those orange timers![img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] After numerous failures(they do not like the shock and vibration of dragbikes) and always at the worst possible time, I tired of losing races because of those orange timers failing so I bought a Dedenbear throttle stop timer and never had another timer failure! I used the Dedenbear for five years with no failure.[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img] In 1999 I replaced the timer and the otherten pounds of electronics with the Schnitz box and it has worked flawless forfive race seasons![img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]My dedenbear timer is still in use on my friend Mat Burton's bike, no problems for him with the timer and it has been on his dragbike for the last twoyears! Take it from someone who learned the hard way, stay away from those orange timers! My two cents worth.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Garry Sprake
    <DIV id=0>

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wilburn
    Put a 40 horse shot on a timer- spray it at 8 seconds into the run or so...

Trap speed should be good, nothing like having a top end charge in your back pocket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12