Page 875 of 934 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875876877885925 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 9335

Thread: Old School Dragbikes and Riders

http://www.youtube.com/user/CGimaging
    [QUOTE=Dick Boxell]man that nostalga video dates me for sure, I remember watching over half of those cars run.[/QUOTEMe too, Dick. If you want to see a drag racing photographer who has really gone into some truly esoteric pursuits..waaay off the drag racing path, check that fella's website by clicking into the YouTube site above...and dig that crazy stuff. I always thought divine geometry was the inspiration for the front end suspension on a Ron Buttera funny car.
    Loughlin
    PS...no joke, I think I saw some of this on a Jethro Tull -Ian Anderson "Seven Dances with God" albun.
    AMA National Off Road Chartered Promoter of the Year 1985

[img]uploads/3367/Guarinello_on_the_other_end_of_the_camera_2.jpg[/img]Greg Guarinello having a little extra fun on the business end of the camera for a change.
    Photo by ..not Guarinello...uh,, Tom Loughlin Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGBIKE!
    [img]uploads/3367/Guarinello_on_the_other_end_of_the_camera_2.jpg[/img]Greg Guarinello having a little extra fun on the business end of the camera for a change.
    Photo by ..not Guarinello...uh,, Tom Loughlin Jr.

nice to see a photo of a young happy greg " ole photog " guarinello from back in the day very rare too . we had to get pat his wife to shoot one of me and him back in 2005 at the finals of the neto/ vtwinplus.com nostalgia m/c class series. have to amiy since he has been gone its definatley one of my most prized possessions[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]good one tom .[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]
    4 X #1 plate holder 15 time top ten east coast / national dragbike champ. 1993 E.C.R.A. sportsman rider of the year. 55 e.t./ mph records. 1980-2012 CELEBRATING 32 YEARS OF LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!

Thanks Tom for posting a rare picture of GREG. We miss our old friend. We can't ever forget also that it was you that introduced us to GREG around 71 or 72 when I was looking to buy a camera. Drove up to North Jersey to meet him and buy the camera. It was my first 35mm, a Pentex and we still have it somewhere around here. GREG got to take more pictures of me then I ever got to take of him. Wish we had more.
    Jim Milsted Old Dragbike! Techman

Photographers don't get photographed...and that is why I have set my "hobby" as shooting shooters.
    Some of em don't like it at all. Phooey. After a while, they want the shots, and people who are fond of them want them too....so...bango. I get em.[img]uploads/3367/greg_and_trrophy_gal_4.jpg[/img]
    Tom Loughlin Jr.

By the way, while you may not know the fella, you'll remember seeing his work, the great embroidered satin jackets I had made for the Hare generation DRAGBIKE! staff... Sal Ramos of Express just surfaced on Facebook and said "howdy". Those jackets were stolen every time I took mine off...I couldn't even get spaghetti or barbecue or "special" sauce spots on them, they were gone so fast. Very popular.
    By the way, do you remember why we chose orange as the color of the DRAGBIKE! crew shirts?
    Tom Loughlin Jr.

[img]uploads/3340/neto056-001.JPG[/img]my one and only shot of me and greg together taken by his wife pat i remember he was yelling at her o.k. o.k. just take the dam shot already like he didnt want to have his photo taken. too bad big guy ha ha ha ! and yes your right jim we all miss ya buddy down here enjoy folks ! [img]smileys/beerchug.gif[/img]

Edited by: fastlane
    4 X #1 plate holder 15 time top ten east coast / national dragbike champ. 1993 E.C.R.A. sportsman rider of the year. 55 e.t./ mph records. 1980-2012 CELEBRATING 32 YEARS OF LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!

[img]uploads/3367/Harriet_Earle_Cheek_Loughlin_1979__at_2100_DRAGBIK E__HQ_and_home.jpg[/img]
    When racers called us at AMA DRAGBIKE! or DRAGBIKE! USA (or Loughlin Agency, Inc) at the residence...it was my mama, Harriet Earle Cheek Loughlin who answered the phone with a cheery greeting for everybody. She made up the membership packages, filled out all the forms, and got racers up and going...and , if you split memberships into my eyeball ratio of 25% mail in and 75% at track joiners, her share of the 12,000 racers who made their way to our events over the 15 year run of the organization...she distributed 4,000 member packages, teeshirts, cards, number plates..etc..
    Before our dragbike gig, mama helped papa Tom Sr by handling phonecalls to his Allstate agency from 1950 to 57, and our independent agency afterward until the heart attack in August 1997 and subsequent hospitalizations and nursing home stay until her passing in March of 2006.
    Great partner...educator...and inspiration.
    Family is everything. Don't take them for granted. Hug a relative today...they may be gone (God forbid) tomorrow..and it'll be too late.
    Tom Loughlin Jr.

[img]uploads/3367/Tom_and_queen_in_tower_at_ESTA.jpg[/img]And the winning ticket for the date with Miss DRAGBIKE! CanAm Nationals here at E.S.T.A. Safety Park Dragway is.....YOURS! (carl gross photo)/

Edited by: DRAGBIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGBIKE!
    [img]uploads/3367/Harriet_Earle_Cheek_Loughlin_1979__at_2100_DRAGBIK E__HQ_and_home.jpg[/img]
    When racers called us at AMA DRAGBIKE! or DRAGBIKE! USA (or Loughlin Agency, Inc) at the residence...it was my mama, Harriet Earle Cheek Loughlin who answered the phone with a cheery greeting for everybody. She made up the membership packages, filled out all the forms, and got racers up and going...and , if you split memberships into my eyeball ratio of 25% mail in and 75% at track joiners, her share of the 12,000 racers who made their way to our events over the 15 year run of the organization...she distributed 4,000 member packages, teeshirts, cards, number plates..etc..
    Before our dragbike gig, mama helped papa Tom Sr by handling phonecalls to his Allstate agency from 1950 to 57, and our independent agency afterward until the heart attack in August 1997 and subsequent hospitalizations and nursing home stay until her passing in March of 2006.
    Great partner...educator...and inspiration.
    Family is everything. Don't take them for granted. Hug a relative today...they may be gone (God forbid) tomorrow..and it'll be too late.
    Tom Loughlin Jr.

The 1st and only time I got to meet "MAMA" in person was my 1st day on the job at DRAGBIKE ! in Cincinnati as she sat off in the distance in the CADDY keeping an eye on the whole operation. But like many others we had many,many phone conversations. That laugh of hers I can still hear. Miss that. Also miss the extra money she used to send me for my phone bill ! I miss that too as the bill is overdue now ! ! !
    Jim Milsted Old Dragbike! Techman