Page 217 of 934 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 9336

Thread: Old School Dragbikes and Riders

Jim "Da Judge" , and Mac , both built by Pup , end product , tune the motor , (the Man) allready tuned the chassis ,
    street cars kill bike racers

Quote Originally Posted by John Sachs Sr

Top picturenot Sonny.It's Larry Stanley.Grey Ghost.

John

Hi everyone. So many names I reconize between posters+ all the great racer pics. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] I'll try to make my 1st post a a good one. (and I promise I'll scan some photos)

It was a DRAGBIKE! race in Marion Ohio in the mid 80's. We raced Sat. morning-and there must have been a car race that nite-because they threw us all out mi afternoon. Larry had tried to make a run but just popped and farted. Back at the official race hotel, all the racers are out on the balcony drinkin'beers + bench racing. We see Larry pull his 66 Chevy van (remember traveling light)in the school parking lot behind the hotel. He unloaded the bike-worked on it a bit-then put it on the rollers+ firing the thing! That wasn't enough-he proceed to do some 100 ft launches in the driveway!!! Both engines pulling strong on nitro-what a sight !
    Sherman Baumann

been there-done that-don\'t even fit in the t-shirt anymore

Jack,

Puppet needed to tune that chassis for Jim. The first version tended to fall over at around 100'. Jim managed to run 7.87 (the first seven on a single HD n.a) though, but with some scary moments in each run.

Frankenstien

Thanx once again for the corrections!!

And I am glad to see everybody is enjoying !!!!! Little did I know back when I took all these pictures that one day they would become so special,and I am very much enjoying sharing them.

Looking forward to seeing more cool stuff,post it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New dragbike history page from Roger Phillips in the Acceleration Archives at http://tinyurl.com/yta5yq

Regards
    PiPPi
    http://HarleyDrags.com

[QUOTE=PiPPi] New dragbike history page from Roger Phillips in the Acceleration Archives at http://tinyurl.com/yta5yq

I'd like to thank all of the contributors to this superb review who have shown us `whippersnappers' where we came from. There are so many references to true legends of European Dragbike racing, and those people who even now are attached to King Racing in some way or another, chassis builder and engine supplier Pete Davis, John Clift (father of King Racing girls Julie and Nikki) crew engineer Roger Forsythe, owner of the King Racing V8 TFB Ron Holland, team sponsor and great friend Ton Pels to name a few, we are truly humbled. Superb!
    Seven Time European Top Fuel Bike Champions
    British Record Holders
    Visit us at www.kingracing.com

wow more great stuff . cant forget the guys from europe with all there radical machines ! they are world class dragbikecraftsman also. thats why they made it in the early to mid 80s complete guide to motorcycle drag racing publication that jim milsted was distributing from new jersey . written by the late great mike griffin with lots of greg guarinello photos too.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] welcome aboard mates !
    4 X #1 plate holder 15 time top ten east coast / national dragbike champ. 1993 E.C.R.A. sportsman rider of the year. 55 e.t./ mph records. 1980-2012 CELEBRATING 32 YEARS OF LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!

geek

Quote Originally Posted by PiPPi

New dragbike history page from Roger Phillips in the Acceleration Archives at http://tinyurl.com/yta5yq

Regards
    PiPPi
    http://HarleyDrags.com
    Great page! I think I remember seeing this bike in a magazine or something, but the guy will sitting in the middle of it. Scarry looking...

Is this an earlier version of same bike

[img]uploads/TFB475/2007-02-09_205830_bike_or_car2.jpg[/img]

A Sweet Blown Double Triumph (Europe)

[img]uploads/TFB475/2007-02-09_210229_BlownTwin_Triumph2.jpg[/img]