Page 822 of 934 FirstFirst ... 322722772812820821822823824832872922 ... LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 9335

Thread: Old School Dragbikes and Riders

CHICAGOS " DIRTY WHITE BOY " MONTE MATHIAS NITRO POWERED SHOVELHEAD DRAGBIKE.
    4 X #1 plate holder 15 time top ten east coast / national dragbike champ. 1993 E.C.R.A. sportsman rider of the year. 55 e.t./ mph records. 1980-2012 CELEBRATING 32 YEARS OF LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!

THE BEAUTIFUL WARREN PLATING TOP FUEL DOUBLE AT MAPLE GROVE RACEWAY PA. 1987 .
    4 X #1 plate holder 15 time top ten east coast / national dragbike champ. 1993 E.C.R.A. sportsman rider of the year. 55 e.t./ mph records. 1980-2012 CELEBRATING 32 YEARS OF LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!

GARY " TATOR " GILMORES TOP FUEL DOUBLE SHOVELHEAD FROM SPENCER IOWA.

[img]uploads/2338/bill.jpg[/img]
    Here is a shot of Bill Alexanders Blown Nitro Harley My dad helped with

Fastlane, What ever happened to Wayne Loftain? I only met him once at the last "nationally sancioned" race I ever ran, the national finals in Gainsville in 1983. Met George Korey and Guy Glover the same weekend.(had been doing work for Guy but had never met him). We only raced the ex Ward Wollard 89" Yetman at Red Roberts All Harley Drags after that cause he had the crowds and could pay Good money. Brought the bike back out in the early 90's to beat up on the AMRA pro stock record. Best we ever managed with a mag,single plugs, 17/8 carb, 1 3/4 pipes and small tire was 9.31 @ 140 and a 5.85 @ 115 eighth mile. The EVOs got very quiet for a while. Unfortunetly business keep us from racing very often and the bike was sold to Steve Roberts where it still sits today. It is an unusual piece in that it is the same 1958 motor, in the same Yetman frame , at the same displacement since 1970 and was one of the first gas bikes in the 9's . It still manages to qualify in Top Gas Pushrod at the T&O race. I do not know of another Harley, still intact as raced , with a longer history ,that still shows up and races. I am proud to have been involved in it's history.
    Don Rothwell

Quote Originally Posted by mrmom9r
    Fastlane, What ever happened to Wayne Loftain? I only met him once at the last "nationally sancioned" race I ever ran, the national finals in Gainsville in 1983. Met George Korey and Guy Glover the same weekend.(had been doing work for Guy but had never met him). We only raced the ex Ward Wollard 89" Yetman at Red Roberts All Harley Drags after that cause he had the crowds and could pay Good money. Brought the bike back out in the early 90's to beat up on the AMRA pro stock record. Best we ever managed with a mag,single plugs, 17/8 carb, 1 3/4 pipes and small tire was 9.31 @ 140 and a 5.85 @ 115 eighth mile. The EVOs got very quiet for a while. Unfortunetly business keep us from racing very often and the bike was sold to Steve Roberts where it still sits today. It is an unusual piece in that it is the same 1958 motor, in the same Yetman frame , at the same displacement since 1970 and was one of the first gas bikes in the 9's . It still manages to qualify in Top Gas Pushrod at the T&O race. I do not know of another Harley, still intact as raced , with a longer history ,that still shows up and races. I am proud to have been involved in it's history.
    hi don. tattoo wayne loftain isnow living in the daytona beach florida area after his top fuel racing career ended in thelastpart of the 90s and he left long island for good . george koreyis still in mass and guy glover isstill down in south fla. i was wondering is that bike of yours originally ron fringers top gas bike from california. i remember vito sabato and quite a few of the old very knowlegable harley gas bike racers say that he was the first official top gas harley in the nines in 1970 and that he ran a 9.69 e.t. at cecil county dragway out here on the east coast . but anyway the good news on my end is that my 1975 pro stock ironhead that belonged to bob mauriello just got accepted to go into the motorcyclepedia museum before next weekend in newburgh n.y. to be at the grand opening in there fast from the past area with all race bikes old and new flat track board track hillclimb roadrace etc. etc . etc . i bought this in 1984 and raced it until 2006 but it was raced from the time it was built by louie law for bob mauriello in pro stock from 76 till 78 then tommy uzzo from brooklyn n.y. raced it from late 78 till 83 then vito for one first half of the 1984 season then he sold it to me in august of 1984 were i went onto race it ever since winning my many championships and setting records along the 20 + years afterwords so theres 30 years of documented on track dragbike racing for my bike between myself and any or all previous owners since 1975 . they have a old school yetman ironhead sportster on display up there now at the museam i saw heres a spy photo . take care don chris fast lane cycles ct. Edited by: fastlane

Wayne is living in Palm Coast, FL. Doing business as Wayne's Speed and Custom.
    Real nice home, with a very, very large garage attached to it.

Guy is still riding around So. Fl. on his Buell.

John Gregory and Jody just left So. Fl. last week for the Wisconson summer.

John,sr.

Hey FASTLANE, My bike was Ron Fringer's Top Gas Bike that he set the 9.69 record with. Motor was built by Warner Riley for his Bonneville Salt Flats bike from what I was told. Ron sold it to George Sumner. I ran into George at Sonny Routts and he told me it was for sale. So I bought it. I sold it years later to a guy from Atlanta named John Washington I believe and last I heard he crashed it. Then put motor in a stock frame. That's all I can tell ya now.
    Jim Milsted Old Dragbike! Techman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Milsted
    Hey FASTLANE, My bike was Ron Fringer's Top Gas Bike that he set the 9.69 record with. Motor was built by Warner Riley for his Bonneville Salt Flats bike from what I was told. Ron sold it to George Sumner. I ran into George at Sonny Routts and he told me it was for sale. So I bought it. I sold it years later to a guy from Atlanta named John Washington I believe and last I heard he crashed it. Then put motor in a stock frame. That's all I can tell ya now.
    Yea that was the original Dragon Daddy Top Gas Bike of Ron Fringer's...I had a Match Race with the local big shot Top Fuel guy at Union Grove in 71, that's when I first met Fringer...after he moved to Californian we were best friends, last seen him at the AHDRA Event in Vegas last year...

The Original Ron Fringer Top Gas Bike...
    GRANDDADDY JOE SMITH
    INDY CHAMP 1971, 74 & 75

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmom9r
    hi don. tattoo wayne loftain isnow living in the daytona beach florida area after his top fuel racing career ended in thelastpart of the 90s and he left long island for good . george koreyis still in mass and guy glover isstill down in south fla. i was wondering is that bike of yours originally ron fringers top gas bike from california. i remember vito sabato and quite a few of the old very knowlegable harley gas bike racers say that he was the first official top gas harley in the nines in 1970 and that he ran a 9.69 e.t. at cecil county dragway out here on the east coast . but anyway the good news on my end is that my 1975 pro stock ironhead that belonged to bob mauriello just got accepted to go into the motorcyclepedia museam before next weekend in newburgh n.y. to be at the grand opening in there fast from the past area with all race bikes old and new flat track board track hillclimb roadrace etc. etc . etc . i bought this in 1984 and raced it until 2006 but it was raced from the time it was built by louie law for bob mauriello in pro stock from 76 till 78 then tommy uzzo from brooklyn n.y. raced it from late 78 till 83 then vito for one first half of the 1984 season then he sold it to me in august of 1984 were i went onto race it ever since winning my many championships and setting records along the 20 + years afterwords so theres 30 years of documented on track dragbike racing for my bike between myself and any or all previous owners since 1975 . they have a old school yetman ironhead sportster on display up there now at the museam i saw heres a spy photo . take care don chris fast lane cycles ct.
    Don Rothwell