Thread: Customizing my ZX6R

vanillatrevor
    I have just bought an '04 6R and would like to customize it. I will use this bike as my day to day commutor, so nothing too radical. So far I have added a fender eliminator and replaced the rear turn signals. I have a PCIII, and I will be dropping the front gear a tooth when the parts arrive. I need new front turn signals ... does anyone have a suggestion I also want to get a new exhaust system, I am thinking about the yoshi rs3 oval. Has anyone had any problems with the law with this pipe Is there a better pipe Any other suggestions on modifications to looks or engine Money is not a real big issue, so please respond with all thoughts.

Trevor,

The Yosh is ok for the sound not being too loud. Other pipes to look at are (in no particular order) Akrapovic, Muzzy, M4, Micron, Arrow. As I've mentioned in other threads I'm partial to the Akrapovic and Muzzy since I've had those on my bikes

Kirk

vanillatrevor
    I have read that the difference in the hp between the Akrapovic and the Yosh or Muzzy is no big enough to justify the extra $$. Is that true

True the Akrapovic is a lot more expensive. But HP isn't everything[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Kirk

vanillatrevor

Hey Kirk, you are from SLC right The same one that runs the utahdragbike.com site

Ok, so I would pay the extra $ for the sound of the pipe Or is the weight much different

Trevor,

Yeah it's me....even though Mark runs the www.utahdragbike.com. It's just a matter if you want to pay more for the fit and finish. They are all pretty close on weight and horsepower, with the Akrapovic just a bit better. But like you said it might not be worth it. But I really like mine. But I would have been just as happy with a Muzzy. I just wanted to try something different this time.[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Kirk

vanillatrevor
    right on. Thanks for the info.

jaysgix1k

I would get the full muzzy. If you already have a powercommander you might as well get a full system and get the most out of your tuning ability.

jaysgix1k
    any updates