Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSX-R 1216 1/4 mile Et’s

Dragtek
    Hey Guys and Gals just trying to get an idea what the rest of the 1216cc are running! I have a 92 Gsxr1216cc with a ported head, stock cams, air shifter, shift light,lock up clutch, and a cheeze dunlop 208 tire bike is lowered but not streched and my best has been a 10.17@138mph Im getting ready to buy a pirelli dragon super corsa I heard this tire can help me with my spinning problem! What do you guys think

squish427

get the shinko tire........much better

still tuning mine so as soon as i get some times i will post em

Dragtek

No problem squish hope to see your times soon! almost everybody at my track runs the pirelli super corsa and they say to get the shinko to work you really have to do a long and hard burn out.

PS. Whats wrong with the rest of you racers Scared other people may know your times!!!!!

rond
    2002 bandit , stock engine - rayjay turbo , shinko tire , 6" over arm , 9.5 @ 157 mph rider is 185 lb 57 yrs old. will be installing 1216 kit soon , will let you know. Even the shinko spun like crazy at first. then after talking to brock went to 12 psi in tire and a fox shock.It hooked up Edited by: rond

Strip9R
    My cousin rides a 1216cc with a 4over arm, Pirelli tire (not sure model name), air shifter, stock gearing. His best is 9.82 @ 141mph.

mrholshot
    I run the Pirelli Super Corsa 1 and it sticks alot better than a shinko. I've went 9.53 on one with an 01 GSXR 1000.

t.federici

I agree with Mrholshot. Sell the shink-no and get a used road race tire or "scrub"

Delboy

hi dragtech hows it going geezer got new times for ya 1216.gsxr L model.race cams by kent ,gas flowed head,6inch over jmc arm.36mm cv carbs with stage one dyno jet kit and no air filter 150 main jets,scorpion race pipe./no shifter yet or gas.&n bsp; BEST TIME 10.05SEC AT 128MPH 60FT 1.618SECS STILL DIDNT BREAK THAT 10SECOND BARRIER TRIED ALL MEETING TO GET UNDER BUT JUST COULDNT BREAK THROUGH.AIR SHIFTER AND DYNA 2000 WILL DO IT BUT WANTED TO GET THROUGH WITHOUT YOU NOW WHAT I MEAN.GEARING CHANGE MADE 3TENTHS UP ON LAST TIMES. ALL SO RAN AN OLD GSX1260 DRAG BIKE ON NEW ENGINE OFF EBAY ALSO WENT WELL WITH A FIRST PASS OF 10.67 125MPH BEFORE ONLY MANAGED 11.97 AT 112MPH SO GREAT IMPROVEMENT. HOWS IT GOING OVER YOUR WAY AND HOWS YA BIKE GOING . SEASON JUST FINISHED HERE. WINTER ON ITS WAY.ROLL ON NEXT YEAR AND GOOD SNIFF OF NOS FOR ALL .

SPEAK TO YA SOON DELBOYUK.

Dragtek
    Hey Delboy, I like it, those Et's looking much better! What kind of gears did you end up using when you ran the 10.05 As for me Ive been to the track 3 times since and havent been close to my best time yet! I have been having electrical problems and cant figure it out, I thought it was a bad coil so I have installed a dyna 2000, dyna coils and wires, and the bike still breaking up on top end. so decided to order a new wiring harness, because I found a couple of melted wires. and that might of been the problem, so rather than fix the 12 year old harness I decided to order a new one for 175.00 OUCH!! hopefully that will fix everything and I can break into those 9's. I will keep you in touch. Dragtek[img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Delboy
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS,HOPE THAT NEW LOOM SORTS YOUR PROBLEM FOR YOU.THE GEARING I USED IN THE END WAS 13 FRONT AND 55 REAR. THAT PUT ME JUST AT THE TOP OF FOURTH AND NEEDING TO SHIFT TO FIFTHON TOP OF THE LINE OR IT WOULD HIT THE LIMITER JUST BEFORE.WHAT GEAR WOULD YOU THINK TO CHANGE AND BY HOW MANY TEETH.I NEED TO BE IN MIDDLE TO TOP OF FIFTH TO BE CLEAR ON THE LINE AND LIFT THE TOP SPEED.WHAT DO THINK LET ME KNOW. ALL THE BEST DELBOY UK

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast