Thread: anti wheely devise

10sec_gpz550

Hi my names Jeram Mallis. Im 16 y.o and live in south east australia.My current bike is a suzuki 1150 efe which is soon to be bigblocked, extended and given grip via a sticky mickey.

What I was enquiring about was the posibility of there being resourses so suss out constructing or purchasing an antiwheely devise for my motorcycle. Im thinking so far that there would need to be a 2-step hooked up to a sensor on the front forks or somewhere elso on the bike which would trigger a rev limit apon elevation of the front tyre above the tarmac.

Maybe if it was timmed so that I could launch at a much higher RPM. half a second after clutch release, the 2 step comes into play for a breif period, or untill the front forks compress after touching back down, triggering a sensor to cut back to normal running.

What are your thoughts on this, because this could prove to make some serious numbers or am I reinventing the wheel ( are the any outlaw bikes or streetbike shootout bikes running anything along these lines)

Any help apreciated! Thanks.

L8r for now……. Jeram

interesting subject ,, only problem is that you need weight transfer for traction and a perfect run typically has the front wheel an inch off the ground , maybe an altimiter out front

I think that will kill your et and probably be dangerous causing your front end to bounce up and down...
    Sure miss the ole 1150

t.federici

Try the launch control from Schnitz...

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.aspprodid=238608 3&showprevnext=1

Onceset up it works. It is not legal in most of the classes run in the states (ama,prostar)

Outlaw bikes run sliders and sbs bikes run multi stage lockups that are set to be thrown away from the line.

I prefer the ol´ cable clutch!Edited by: t.federici

Greig Frankham

Hi Jeram. I think you will find that devise to be illegal. It has been tried though and we've tossed the idea around a bit like you described. I believe someone in Sydney tried something like it and found that the front wheel was skipping too much and caused a lot of headshake.

Hey, keep us up to date on your EFE(GS1150 for the US guys). We're building one at the moment along Outlaw Pro-street rules as we would like to try and get this class happening in Australia. Ours will have a small engine with progressive nitrous, 15" over swingarm and 7" mickey slick...If you have a look under GS Zone at the thread "what do I have to do" there are some pics of where we are up to. We will be taking it to the All-bike in Gladstone next weekend as an unfinished project. I'd be very interested to hear about yours...Send an Email to sales@mperacingonline.com if you want to compare notes.

Good luck

Greig...MPE

I once read about a turbo bike build-up in England where the owner incorporated a tilt sensor of some sort to kill the ignition when the bike wheelied past a certain point. I thought it was a pretty good idea,but I use wheelie bars. I think you are on to a new way of thinking...but...the system would have to be really fast and very accurate to work well. A throttle stop governed by an inclinometer is kind of what you're after. It would have to respond quickly but not abruptly to the wheelie, and return power the same way when the front end got back under the trigger point.

Great thinking man...keep it up....
    Some\'s good,more\'s better,and too much is just right....

Hi Floyd!

10sec_gpz550

Thank for all the help, I found that any tools or instuments used to measure altitude or tilt would not work fast enough or would be affected by g fources.

I rang my local electronics guru who advised me to build one similar to the schnitz lauched master as earlier rocommended (big thanks)

It works on the principal or mine where a micro-switch is located on the forks and is hooked up to a rev limited set at 6000, this can also be used to launch!. (hooked up to microswitch + clutch cable) comes on and off in small amounts an has front wheel floating along ground so it is at 0 weight. Schnitz wants 189 us$ but I can make one for a couple bucks coz I got a rev limiter already