Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High Gear Fuelers

... Fast, I don't pay all that much attention to the Harleys but I am sure it is no more than a single reduction. First rule of drag racing: power to weight.
    ... It's my opinion that the quick reaction times of the Pro Stock bikes is more to the RPM on the starting line rather than the weight.

You got it Roland ,, and a few other details ,, bottom line , nitro doesnt react nearly as fast as the rider ,, wick-it-and-wait
    street cars kill bike racers

Quote Originally Posted by Fasthouse
    I thought the newer fuelers had transmissions.

Yes Fasthouse, most of the T/F have trannys, they have for at least 10 yrs. They have broke alot over the years and some guys chose the jackshaft setup to try have less chance to break but they break jackshafts too! They finally gota trannnsmission that will hole up to them. They use the exact kind of tranny the TopAlcohol funnies and dragster use. Mainly 2 or 3 speeds. I think they are B&J trans.

If you want an idea of what the difference is between a T/F or Pro Fuel in the 1/8 and 1/4 times go to AHDRA website and check the classrecords, at least that will give you an idea. Look at the Pro Dragster records also. They will be a little closer to one of those 'nostalgia' bikes you ran. They are high gear, carb and the cubes are limited to 120 I think, maybe 132.

Jason

High gear, 175", 2 stage clutch. 1.07 in 60' , 4.20 to the 1/8 at 170mph, I suppose that could be soft.
    Improvise, adapt, over come, succeed!

Hey Fast, why don't you just tell them that you smoked a hi-gear Harley in a match race and you are trying to decide if you should crow like a rooster or be humble and let it go...ha. But whatever you do don't ask for his address and send him the dress !!!
    Your never too old to learn something stupid.

Well Bill, that's why he asked about the 'nostalgia' bikes. He ran a bike with stock cases [small 92 cube] carb and high gear. About late 70's technology. To tell the truthI think he got bit by the Harley bug and is planning on what to build!!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by W. Baxter
    Hey Fast, why don't you just tell them that you smoked a hi-gear Harley in a match race and you are trying to decide if you should crow like a rooster or be humble and let it go...ha. But whatever you do don't ask for his address and send him the dress !!!

I dont have the dress...

I dont even know who does these days. I half expected to see it show

up on "Inside Drag Racing"

Just wondering what I raced thats all...It was loud thats all I know about it.

BTW Fast ,,, you can build the engine straight out of an S&S catalog ,, probably the most fun anyone can have with nitro ,, high 7's are almost a guarantee with off the self parts
    street cars kill bike racers

Jack: Do you think I could sell a really nice GS1100based dragbike and have enough to build a VTwin fuel motor Sorry, that was a loaded question.

House: I know where the dress is and know how to use it...ha
    Your never too old to learn something stupid.

Julianshog
    House: The Texas Scooter Times website shows the rules for Nostalgia Fuelers as an index class with the times of 6.00 in the 1/8 and 9.5 in the 1/4. Most of the fuel bikes that race with them (TST) are very low budget and only occasionally run in the 7 second zone. Julian

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast