Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first time street rider

bulldogs41145
    hey i am getting my licence in a month and going to get my bike licence too so i want to know if it is TO stupid for me to get a busa, i love the look and i cant really get a bike now then upgrade later, i am puting all my money into this one (christmas birthday gift) so what do you guys think about getting a busa and if i shouldent what should i get for a good long term bike under 12,000

how many dirt bikes have you owned , for how many years
    street cars kill bike racers

A Busa is a LOT of Motorcycle for a newbie! Might be better if you started out on a 600cc or so bike.

Frankly, I'd start out with something easy, cheap and disposable if you drop it or don't like street riding.

An older Honda, 450 or smaller. You know, a $500 dollar special...

I've seen to many buy to much street bike to start....And if your just starting on the street, the odds are good you will drop it, sooner or later...

Just my .02...

Good luck whatever you do,

Bob Thieda

$500 I'm giving away a 400 over on stripbike LoL ,,,, seriously , everything you learn in the dirt is a lifesaver on the street ,, jumping a curb ,, gravel in a turn ETC. ,,, it all relates to dirt ,,, the lack of traction environment

Jack is absolutly right.....dirt riding is all about balance and lack of traction...

Besides....it's a heck of a lot of fun...[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Later,

Bob

[img]smileys/smiley29.gif[/img]

If you get a 'busa, get an adequate life insurance policyso that anyone you leave behind can survive without your support & won't go in debt just paying offany medical bills & funeral/burial arrangements. Disability insurance would be a good idea also.

Starting on a small, cheap, and naked bike& working up has worked for me.Edited by: tt6pam

bulldogs41145

for jack i have owned a dirtbike for about 8 years and i started on a 250 at the age of eight so i had too much bikre then and i knew i had to take it easy until i controlled it good enoughf, so do you all still strongly recomend that i dont get a busa, even if i feel i can handel it, you guys are the ones who know i am just asking advice and really apreciate your time

bulldogs41145

i also whant to add that i only really get one bike for at least till i get out of college and get a good paying job so i cant do with a little zinger anyway so what do you recomend

if a KX 500 , WFO , feels boring ,, your busa-ready

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast