Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: compression

kawa-king

what should my compresion be in my 1270 cc muzzy block piston 13,5 :1

pleaseeeee help i measured mine today they where around 175 psi each is that not too low

do I have to fresh up my block

kawa-king

common guys go out and meassure that ole compression for me preferably in 97 degrees weahter so I have a indication

12 MM
    how did you ck compression. 175 is way too low & may be time to freshin it up

kawa-king

hmm check it in the afternoon the weather was around 99 degrees in the garage I did not open my airbox (the 2 lids) I held the throthle wide open and cranked the motor over my only concern is that the engine was build with callifornia spec connecting rod and not with the 49 state spec connecting rod I am thinking the callifornia spec is shorter then the 49 spec I would really appreciate any help[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]

12 MM
    did you bring the engine temp. up 1st or did you check it cold

kawa-king

i drove around for first took the sprakplugs out still hot the cylinderhead is stock the valves have 14000 miles on them without regrinding do you think this matters for a couple of psi pressure

Unclebob
    tell us what compression gauge you use, and the exact proceedure you go
    through when testing it. That might help clear up some things.

If you're using a Matco compression gauge, get rid of it. It
    never works well on high compression engines. My $20 sears gauge
    works better than the Matco ever did.

I'm sure its sold under other brands, but its distinctive because the
    shrader is in the coupler of the gauge, not in the hose you screw into
    the sparkplug hole. If you have one like the matco, try a
    different type.

kawa-king

ok I come from a island where we speak dutch I not familiar with the term"shrader" pleaseeee explain

my exact procedure was remove the fairing drive around for 15 minutes or so came back pulled the plugs immediatly screwd in the compresion hose and cranked the engine at wide open throtlle but with the zx-12 this still means the air being sucked in needs to go thru the airfilters

my only concern with the gauge was that it does not have a o-ring or some rubber to help it seal since you cannot tight it in tight

I really apreciate the help

shrader = tire valve stem

get an o-ring ,, you need itEdited by: jackinzoar

hey 12mm went back to stock crank until i get the stroker straighten out. it survive the dyno not really happy with the numbers compared to the stroker but at least i'll race next week thanks for all your suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast