Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I need? - to run at local Strip

Quote Originally Posted by tt6pam
    Antifreeze is really only needed in winter anyway.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I dont want to sound like an agruement by any means pam and I dont want it to sound like we trying to correct each other lol but if you do your research just because its called ANTI...FREEZE does not mean it is only needed in the winter, it actually cools faster than just plain old water any day of the yr

your turn haha

Quote Originally Posted by lovemshaved

Antifreeze is really only needed in winter anyway.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I dont want to sound like an agruement by any means pam and I dont want it to sound like we trying to correct each other lol but if you do your research just because its called ANTI...FREEZE does not mean it is only needed in the winter, it actually cools faster than just plain old water any day of the yr

your turn haha

Yes I am aware that the actual mixture is a combination of an anti-freeze and collant. I was just trying to be a smart-ass, which isn't difficult for me to do.

I had an email discussion with Jason Miller from MIR a while back regarding the antifreeze/collant issue, becasue I have been guilty in the past of having af/collant in my bike for test & tunes at the local tracks, being a novice and not knowing what the "correct" thing to do was. My bike passed tech "inspection" for the test & tunes, which sometimes is little more than the tech person looking briefly at the bike & maybe checking that there is a kill switch on it. Not once did they look at the coolant overflow tank or ask what was in the radiator (and they still don't.)

Then Jason explained that ideally there should be no antifreeze/coolant in any machine on the track, but it is naive for any track owner/manager to think that everyone complies with that rule. I argued that if that "rule" isn't to be found on the track's website with the other rules, how is one, especially a novice, supposed to know that Perhaps that rule is written in the NHRA and IHRA rulebooks, but if one isn't a member of those organizations, how can one comply with their rules And I was sure (as I think Jason is) thatmost bikes and/or cars ridden or driven to the track to race most probably have antifreeze/collant in their radiators.

I knew that antifreeze/coolant is a no-no for bikes at road courses, even for a track day, but had never heard of anything, aside from the Prostar rule regarding antifreeze/collant at any of the drag strips. And I believe that Prostar tech officials check for that, at least the guy that teched my bike at Norwalk last month did.

Of course, if one has an air-cooled bike like an old Suzuki GS, one doesn't have to worry about replacing the antifreeze/collant.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]Edited by: tt6pam

TJ 1395cc

I think the track daddies are more concern with the car's since they seem to blow up more offen than the bike's, 99.9% it's the car's oily the track down [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img].

You know the newbie that bolts on the 500 hp nitrous kit without a retard box and runs pump gas [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

I suppose one thing to do would be to go down to whatever track one is thinking of doing tune & tests at or racing at one day and talk to the tech inspectors regarding what is required. For rules for racing with a specific organization, I would contact that organization.

I will say that at the 3 tracks in Ohio that I do test & tunes & race at occasionally, the NHRA member track has a bit more thorough tech inspection that the IHRA member tracks.Edited by: tt6pam

now now pam dont pick on the GS guys just because the ride the Suzuki's haha, we know kawi's are the way, right 100monkeys

I ran water/ water wetter for four years in my '01 ZRX 12. It works better, and is track friendly. 11.15 may be what the mags say the bike will do, but I rarely saw anyone run better than 11.4 on one. Good luck. It's all in the suspension tune-up on this bike.

Dan Rockey,

'01 ZRX 1200

PB:10.92@ 127
    \"Dream as if you\'ll live forever...Live as if you\'ll die tomorrow !\"
    James Dean

Quote Originally Posted by lovemshaved
    now now pam dont pick on the GS guys just because the ride the Suzuki's haha, we know kawi's are the way, right 100monkeys

I'm not picking on the Suzuki's. I have had a few Suzuki's (and currently a GS500 streetbike), but never any Kawasaki's, so I have no clue what most of the older Kawasaki models are. ZX, KZ, ZR-whatever......

I just bought a GS1100 "real" dragbike yesterday! [img]smileys/4_1_9.gif[/img]So I don't have to worry about removing the antifreeze/coolant from it.[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I'm a Suzuki chick as well as a Triumph chick!Edited by: tt6pam

Hello Suzuki chick! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

wade's ears perked up when he heard suzuki LOL

team green "big brother"

lol

Huggy

There is an NMRA forum on dragbike.com. Maybe ask the guys there

http://www.dragbike.com/forum/forum_topics.aspFID=4

http://www.dragbike.com/forum/forum_...TID=3622&P N=1

This one goes straight to that topic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast