Thread: The old"Nitromethane class 101" thread...

I was at the local drags yesterday doing the live commentary for the bikes. When out in the pits to check out what's going on between rounds a friend of mine motions me over to his van to check something out in the back: Low'n behold, an old Ironhead Sporty Top Fuel Bike! It was set up for injected nitro and sold for around 4000 bucks, complete with all sorts of spares and Truett & Osborne goodies that had it running 7.9's back when. We got to talking about this and that and before you know it we're down the path of running a carburated nitro Ironhead Sporty based on what I have on the shelves gathering dust in the UglyShop and his experience on the subject. I got real excited and when home I tried to find an archive of the old Strip Bike "Nitromethane class 101"-thread as I remembered seeing a mention of such an archive when the Strip Bike forum got hacked but I could find nothing on the web in that regards.

So. I spent a load of work today in gathering upp the whole 17 page long thread from old cached pages off of Google. I cleaned the HTML up pretty thoroughly, taking out all the stuff like "Reply to this thread", "Click here for the profile of so and so" plus all the old IP numbers and so on.

I figgered I am not the only one who might have interest in the best thread on running nitro for bikes so I put up the whole deal on one of my websites. Please feel free to go to http://HarleyDrags.com, it's a Swedish site but the link to the Nitro 101 thread is easily found. It's on the right side below the "Harley Drags in season"-columns and aptly named "Nitromethane class 101".

Copyright: I have included the original copyright information and location of it at the bottom of each page. If this is in any way an unacceptable infringement on intellectual property, please tell me so and I'll remove the pages immediately.

thanks for your effort ,, tricking the motor is my favorite part of the deal !

That was one of the best threads to ever run on the internet.

Great that Jim could leave all of his imput for future racers.

JayEdited by: APE Jay
    Home of the world\'s fastest motorcycle racing products.
    APE Race Parts

Become a TEAM APE sponsored racer Team APE

Cylinder Heads
    Crankshafts
    Trac King Clutches

Mick Withers

PIPPI: Take a bow. You've made my day.

JAY: I agree with you. Definitely the best motorcycle drag racing thread I've ever seen. Amongst other things, it brought Jerry "Maverick" Gordon and Johnny Vickers together. A union which was blessed with thebirth of their baby that they calledDerringer.

PUP's tune-up info was priceless: "When it's wrong, the aluminum melts."

JAM: Thanks mate.

good to see you Mick ,whats news

Mick Withers

G'day Jack,

Heard a whisper that you're making a return to the track..... WTF

Me Been busy, no longer Editor of Dragster Australia.

Getting ready for the new season. New Johnny Vickers' 3-stage fuel system is sitting at Hawaya Racing. Datalogger on it's way from FXL. Now just waiting for additional funding for the next step. High gear nitro Harleys are fun!!!

Pro Stock Harley is receiving new rocker supports that hopefully won't crack.

Talk soon,

Mick

60ft
    b