Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 mm lectrons

I bought a set of 40mm lectrons and need some info about them. Is there a web site that talks about them. Is there a tool i need to buy too for the needles

Thanks

Jake
    5.70@122

Call Paul or Kevin at Fast By Gast, they can and will tell you what you need to know and get you the parts and tools you need..
    Improvise, adapt, over come, succeed!

All they need is alittle cleaning and they are good to go. They have the fbg2 needles so I guess that's a start. Should be on the bike next week for an ops check. I hoping to see a big differance from my 38 cv carbs.

5.70@122

Clean them out today and not much in there. With no choke they must run alittle rich at idle I guess. Sounds like most folks idle around 2K

Also I see alot of them are number is that for easy access to the idle screw or to keep the two short throttle cables on the middle carbs. I'd like to pair them up so 1&2, 3&4 fuel inlets are facing each other.

5.70@122

Got them installed and the bike started right up. Just waiting for test and tune next week for a ops check. I'm hoping my 6.16 is history
    5.70@122

Jake, I replaced a set of 36mm Mikuni flat slides with a set of 40 Lectronson an internally stock 1150 and it picked up one tenth in the 1/4. I can not remember (1992) exactly how much of that pickup was in the1/8th.

As far as idleing.......... Lectrons are not made for idling a lot. WOT is where you want the Lectrons![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]They will idle just fine right up to the point they foul the plugs.[img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

Thanks Wade,I'll keep that in mind and willbuy some extra plugs just in case [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

One thing I did noticewithmy oem throttle is you really got to twistit, looks like it's time for a new throttle assy.

My goal is to break into the 5.999999999 club [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
    5.70@122

Do you folks have any secrets to set each idle screwthe same [img]smileys/banghead.gif[/img]
    5.70@122

I've seen guys using calipers on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Racingjake

Do you folks have any secrets to set each idle screwthe same [img]smileys/banghead.gif[/img]

Temp gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast