Thread: LAUREN’S RACE ENGINES

I was sitting at my desk thinking of all the things I'm thankful for over the last year and the first thing that came to mind was my engine builder. Darren at Lauren's Race Engines,he does some of the best work on both two andfour Stroke engines.One thing you don't want to scrimp on is the guy who does your motor work, there are a lot of guys out there that claim they are engine builders but don't have the credentials.

Darren's records speak for themselves, he started building ourenginesin the mid 1990s andover the past ten years they have set just about every record available, including the all time quickestNA 750cc gasoline record. He is constantly experimenting and doing R&D on bike and sled engines, one of his customers called his shop in Hyde Park, NY"The Labratory".He is one of those humble guys that never toots his own horn but his office isliterally "papered" with records, awards and magazine articles.

I am pleased to say that he is a good friend as well as an awesome engine builder.
    Your never too old to learn something stupid.

Maulerman

I agree that you generally get what you pay for. My brother had DickSpeed out of Chicago build his motor andI think it is one of the fastest 1216 GSXRs in the country. It is a rocket and reliable to boot. 9.00@ 152, street tire, no bar, no N20.

One thing I like about Dick when you send your motor to him no minimum wage flunky will get his hands on it. Dick works alone and does top notch work. I have been to his shop and his attention to detail is remarkable. He fabbed his own jig for milling heads because he found that heads he got from other shops weren't milled flat.

Maulerman,

Right on about Dick - he is a bad MF. The word "anal" was invented to describe his attention to detail, care and pride. I visited his shop last in 1992 and am glad to hear he's still doing well. That guy was dangerous with the GS motors. Does he fool with the new stuff

BlownStar

Any recommendations on who would rebuild a V-twin 98ci RoadStar motor

(Lauren's Race Engines, Dicks Speed) exc...

Lauren's does some absolutely amazing work but I don't think they do any V Twins. I have sent you a PM with their email, it never hurts to ask.
    Your never too old to learn something stupid.

BlownStar
    Thanks for the message, I'll givem a call.