Thread: sporty crank

cmdra37
    I have modified 1986 sporty evo cases and am looking for a stroker crank. I need some info on what year cranks I can use for this application. ie can I use late model iron head wheels with later crank pin and shafts or can I use 5 spd flywheels etc. Everything that I seem to find is either side of the year range specified in the books. Thanks, Dan

Otto
    will do some checking if i remember right the late iron flywheels will work

Quote Originally Posted by cmdra37
    I have modified 1986 sporty evo cases and am looking for a stroker crank. I need some info on what year cranks I can use for this application. ie can I use late model iron head wheels with later crank pin and shafts or can I use 5 spd flywheels etc. Everything that I seem to find is either side of the year range specified in the books. Thanks, Dan

Better to mail S&S or s'thing similar company; they really are helpful. I had the same kind ofquestion four or five years ago 'cause my race bike'sstroker kit wasn't the one usually used or even delivered on that combo or that year.

Call or mail them, I found out that things change on those years in the low end of sportys. Don't know 'bout today but in 2000 or 2001 the service was excellent at the S&S for the racer (even to onehere in the Europe, thanks).
    Asko Maatta, ST77
    Baldie´s VooDoo Racing
    Finland

cmdra37
    Hello Otto, did you ever find anything Thanks Dan

Hi Dan,

This is not a sraight answer to your question, but somewhere there. The thing you must take care of is that the wrist pin diameter may vary from iron sportys to the evo ones. And the other thing is that the pinion shaft is also different type. But why not to ask [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]S&S
    Asko Maatta, ST77
    Baldie´s VooDoo Racing
    Finland

Otto
    wrist pin dia 791 iron 792 evo pinion for those years are the same but the rods 7.440 iron and the evo is 6.996 stock but the iron wheels will fit the casesS&S could make you up what you want