Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Turbo Steve" Battaglia

DRGSXR86

To all the guys we race with whomay nothave heard.....Stevetook a bad spill at Union Grove Dragaway over the weekend as he went through the traps on his second time run. He is in the hospital still as of today and doctors are running tests. If anyone would like any more information on his condition, feel free to call me at 847-366-9860. Please keep your fingers crossed and keep Steve in your prayers for a quick recovery. Thanks, Mike

I will keep Steve in my thoughts and pray he comes out ok. I dont know Steve personally, has he raced at Byron Union Grove is my home track and hate to hear news like this coming from there.

DRGSXR86
    Thank you.Yes, Steve races at Byron in Shootout class.

I heard from his engine builder that he escaped with no broken bones but one hell of a bell ringer! Get back on that horse Steve, you've worked too hard to walk away now. You know what happened and it wasn't your riding skill. Keep your head up bud, we look forward to seeing you out at Byron soon.

[img]uploads/DanMcCarten/2006-05-30_214626_SBatt.JPG[/img]
    The only place you will find success before work is in the dictionary........

I hope that Steve recovers with no complications

s.r.

switchedhp2
    Hey mike: I talked to Steve about 2 hrs ago and he said that they were going to release him tonite or tomorrow.I would like to see maybe a collection of donations taken up to help Steve out.(I am sure being out of work is not lucrative).I am willing to donate.Let me know.& nbsp; Jason

DRGSXR86
    Thanks guys. Steve came home late last night and we looked over the bike and his leathers and gear. It still hasn't really set in that this happened and he doesn't recall the accident. I told him to relax, think things over and decide what he wants to do. At this point I know he is just happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by switchedhp2
    Hey mike: I talked to Steve about 2 hrs ago and he said that they were going to release him tonite or tomorrow.I would like to see maybe a collection of donations taken up to help Steve out.(I am sure being out of work is not lucrative).I am willing to donate.Let me know.& amp; nbsp; Jason

Like I said last night maybe someone could take a collection this weekend or if him or Mike have paypal. We could get some money together doesn't have to be alot just a couple of bucks from each person goes a long way.

DRGSXR86

I do have a PayPal account and I also would be willing to give some cash to see Steveget his bike back together and buy some new gear.I will talk to Steve about it and see what his feelings are.[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]Thanks again.

DRGSXR86
    We will be at the event this weekend to watch for sure on saturday, weather permitting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast