Thread: Advice for a 1st time National event?

Well, I decided to go to Alanta and run Pro ET on Sat.
    Any advice from the vets for us newbies at "The Big Show"
    Gunna stay at track Sat nite to watch the heroes race on Sun and would sure like to meet and thank in person some of those who have been so generous with info on this site. So keep an eye out for my tow rig, light green 86 "SS" Caprice Classic, white trailer w/ "Donald Shaw Racing" logo. Stop by and say hey if you have time and good racing to all.
    Keith LeBlanc
    Insert your favorite movie line here

get there early,pre register.sign up for ama if you havent already.enter as many classes asyou can .go watch a round or two get a feel for the program.find out where the return road is first before you make a run.bring a lota blankettss it gets cold a night.get there real early friday if possible.tech in asap.MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SNELL 2005 HELMET.full leathers.ask for help if you need it.dont line up next to me. MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN . start making plan now for richmond
    if your not growing your dying

Thanks wags, WILL have fun if nothing else.

...."dont line up next to me."....

My first big race trash talk.... and from a Senior Member, no less.
    Why, I'm all a twitter.... [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]
    Thanks again.
    Keith

i wont be there but hope you have fun i know you will be hooked after this one be patient with new crew on prostar there trying very hard and look out for tony's traction it is the best you will ever find. and take a shot at wade for me will you i would love to be there but work wont permit it this month maybe your luck will be as good as mine was in 1988 when i went to my first national event i finished runner up in super gas.

Keith, I'll look for your rig and extend a Hello if I see ya. Remember, it is a competition, but it can be alot of fun too!! See ya in the lanes Sat.

Oh by the way, what type of bike do you ride I always like to try and find folks from this forum in the lanes.
    Steve \"Blues\" Baltimore
    DogHouse Racing

Alas, it is just not meant to be this go round. Besides after going over the rule book and completely under-estimating the time and expense of necessary fab and repairs to get in compliance (not the rules' fault, my fault)other issues have reared there ugly heads so won't be there in body, but in spirit.
    Basically poor planning on my part.
    Ya'll be safe and am filing away advice for next year.