Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcoholic benefits

Does anyone have some good solid setup information and advice for setting up a GS1100 to run on either Methanol or E85 with nitrous assistance
    Based in the UK i'm hoping to run a smalltire methanol bike in the competition bike class. The engine has been built with all heavy duty studs and parts, has been mildly flowed & cammed and has a cosworth 1261cc kit. It is currently running mikuni smoothbores setup for the UK's 96 octane pump gas.

It would be good to hear from someone with experience of a similar setup.

And just as good to to be offered a set of 40mm (ish) methanol lectrons and a buyer for my vm33 smoothbores!

Anyone wanting to know more about my bike can view my build blog HERE</span>
    or here http://gsxbopchop.blogspot.com/
    :P

Edited by: Bikerphil

Your link didn't work. I was looking to check out your bike.

Link fixed!!
    I will use the noob excuse for that fault.
    Thanks

Looks good [img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img]
    5.70@122

NICE!!!

Ummm .... due to the lack of replies (other than the comments about my bike lol) i'm starting to think most peoples experience of alcohol is limited to red wine and vodka.
    It appears as though burning such substances in an engine is considered witchcraft or pseudo science.

Surely someone out there is the absolute guru of methanol/alcohol
    Come forwared and speak ... tho will not be struck down by lightening or subjected to the ducking stool test.

Thanks!

Read these 2 posts. We've had some discussion about it. They both touch on the e85 discussion. There seem to be quite a few car guys running e85/ethanol, but not many bike guys. I've been looking my carbs over and may try it out next year.

http://forums.dragbike.com/forum_pos...=8314&amp;KW=e 85

http://forums.dragbike.com/forum_pos...=8291&amp;KW=e 85

thanks ros i had come across those posts before. I was more interested in running Methanol/alcohol as it offers a higher octane than e85 and can be bought very cheaply as a chemical rather than a fuel. It is also a perfect companion to nitrous (which i will be using) Here in the UK the speedway and grasstrack bikes burn it, but these are singles usually, not fours.

here is a discussion I had on one of the car sites asking about e85. If you search the site you will find some discussions about methanol, ethanol, and gas. You might find some good stuff on there about what you need to do run it.

We do have a guy at our track running methanol in his 10 second 4 wheeler. he put some real big float bowls on it to help get the 50% increase in fuel he needed. Seems like that would be your biggest concern. Making sure your carbs will flow 50% more methanol.

http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...912/m/60810472 33r=6191033333#6191033333

That link doesn't work for me.
    Unless its got a problem with firefox. i'll try IE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast