Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How about nos and a vintage CB750

B onctrl
    Ibracket race a vintage (70's) CB750 on the west coast. My concerns are what will adding a dry shot to an 836 ported motor do Should I re-mod the motor to accept or just hook and book. Im only looking for more end of the track power. Thanks for any input! Edited by: B onctrl

You cant really spray a dry shot into acarb bike so unless your"vintage" CB 750 runs on electronic fuel injected you'll have to spray fuel as well.

Remember; tune fuelfor power and N2O for a/f ratioEdited by: LeasingGuy

B onctrl
    AAhhh Thats what I figured... Thanks I'll look in another direction for more power..! Again Thanks

You can still run NO2 you just have to run a wet system. Nitrous is going to be your best bang for the $$.

Later, Doug
    \'78 Kz1000 with Zx11C f. rim and brakes, Kz1000C police front end, \'86 Gsxr1100 arm with Zx6D rim. Custom hydraulic clutch conversion. Tarrozzi rearsets. Zx12 taillight. 8\" GS1100E headlight.

i am fairly certain the rods are the weak link in these motors. I don't know how much you can put to them. Maybe somebody that has broken a few can add input. Maybe a 915 kit and some cams is the way to go. just throwing it out there.
    At the starting line watching steve get in the cooler

B onctrl

Thanks for your replies fellow racers.... My motor was punched to 836,assembled with RC rods and Kibble white S/S valves, extensive head work, Andrews cam, followed by CR carbs that are jetted fatter than it should be My bike is a solid 11.35 @112 MPH all day long on 112 gas. I had R&D do the trans. 17 tooth front and a 49 tooth rear sprockets, Im just trying to get a little more at the end of the track, this bike pulls a 1.51 60ft but flattens out at the 990 mark. Thanks again fo all your inputs ..

my question now is, what is your rpm at the stripe do you need a taller gear I could be way off, i race the 2 speed version of your bike.

B onctrl
    I have only a shift light so I figure around the 9000 rpm mark maybe 9250... at the outside...

B onctrl
    Edited by: B onctrl

that's an awesome looking bike. great work.

my question wasn't specific enough. at what rpm does it start to lay over if that is below the finish line rpm then I would change the gearing to compensate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast