Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Tire

Busa2090
    Like to get everyones thoughts on allowing the street tire bikes to run in the inside grove.

If AMA Dragbike now allows it this year...SEMDRA should consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Busa2090

Like to get everyones thoughts on allowing the street tire bikes to run in the inside grove.

If AMA Dragbike now allows it this year...

SEMDRA should consider it.

Would you want todrive out of the grove

The cars engines sweat out there.

That black stuff is really slick.

You street ride there

Don't even do it !

Red, *<(:{)-

Paul242

[img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img] I think they should letall bikes line up where they want to . It gets real slick in the out side lane at night and unsafe for street tires . At all tracks . I hope SEMDRA does consider it .

Paul @ C+C RACING

jax1428
    I think the reason ama does that is because MOST of the "street bikes" have that special tire and not just the run of the mill tire ,nevertheless the dew falls on ALL of the track, not just the outside groove...in other words it's no more / no less dangerous in one than the other they just appreciate the street tires not ripping up the rubber that's on the track on the inside groove and the street bikes don't depend on the 60ft. as much as the slick tire bikes do...yes I know st.bikes want them consistant as much as everyone else does, but most of them aren't trying to run 1.10s to mid 1.20s...just my 2cents Nice day to all, see yall Friday, let's burn some rubber.............................

Busa2090
    In Ultra Street many bikes are running 60 ft times in the 1.40s. To get these times -- traction is just as critical as a bar bike using a fat tire slick trying to run 1.2 60 ft times.

Most of the guys I talked to in Ultra Street were spinning bad in the outside groove but weren't spinning when running the inside groove during test-n-tune on Friday.

Paul242

Most all streetbikes dorun good tires... and yes they do depend onthe 60 foot also just as much as the bikes with bars if it's off the hole run is off . And where do you think the dew is going to dry the fastes on the cold side or the hot side of the track . See yallin valdosta .

Paul

jax1428

well, back in the day when I first started racin', I didn't mind a little wheel spin and I think that on a modern day st.bike with hp that they have I would rather spin a little rather than wheelie up come down bust the oil pan like you and I have seen happen many times and oil the track from one end to the other because the rider wants to win the round and go back put new pan on BUT instead he or she still loses because they spun in their on oilall the way down the track, plus I think alot of them are runnin' down the track fast and then rollin' off trying not to break out and/or break the other guy out . Today, if I were running that class, I would set the bike up to drag butt out of the hole and then go like hell and the 60ft wouldn't be so critical, also would make it harder for bike#2 to judge me because my mph would be a little higher than theirs. The must have is a good reaction, that will help more than a good 60ft. time most of the time, not saying always though. All yall can do is ask and see what Doug and Jackie think...good luck with what ever decision they make...Nice day to all and see yall Friday !

HARD TIMES RACING / jax,fl[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

[QUOTE=jax1428]they just appreciate the street tires not ripping up the rubber that's on the track on the inside groove QUOTE]

At the first race, during the riders meeting, this was the reason given for the street tire bikes being on the outside grove. Appently the treaded tires pull up the rubber, they spray the full width with compound, is it that much slicker

I'll have to watch Friday night to see for myself.

Good luck everyone!!

Treadlife
    the outside groove can be very slick! A slick starting line makes it very difficult to dial in and creates an unsafe situation when you have such poor traction off the line. It also brings luck into bracket racing when so many bike can't hook up. I run both slick and street tires and feel that the street bikes are not given the same track as the dragbikes...I think that is unfortunate and would love to see the cone removed!! To say the 60' is not as important on a streetbike is rediculous.

Bikenuts1
    I think an option would be to change the order that ultra street runs, dont run them after promod after no one has been on the outside for over an hour, run ultra street after street et.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast