Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 ft. times

nitrousbike532
    Need help with 60 ft. times. Went from a 11x 28 tire to a 11x29. With a 28in., 60 ft. was 1.11.to1.13. Now with 29 in., the best is 1.17. Any help Maybe a gear change It's 15x46 right now. Thanks for any help.

The taller tire took away some of your initial accelleration but I'll bet your MPH is up, huh Two more teeth on the rear should get you bact to where you were unless the new tire is much heavier. Taller tires are almost always more weight. Why did you go to the taller tire Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

nitrousbike532
    Everybody keeps telling me that the taller tire will respond to the torque of the nitrous better.

stuart racing
    Slider or lockup.....Like Ray says,either more teeth or some clutch tuning....Bogging a littleHow fast are ya runningJust curious...

nitrousbike532
    Slider,,,We added 1 gram to each arm,went 1.17 then pulled it back off,then went 1.22. It ran a 7.75@167 with a 1.17 60',with the extra weight.Pulled the weight,then went 7.90@174 with a 1.22 60'.

The taller tire will react better when you find the sweet spot... Spill the beans...Paint the picture here.. Tire pressure, stall, clutch set up, box settings, engine, carbs, did you readjust wheelie bars This will help steer you where you need to be..
    Improvise, adapt, over come, succeed!

nitrousbike532
    Hey Dan,,,Long time no here from. Tire is 4psi,5000 stall,21.5 grams, 150hp jets starting @ 40% ramping to 100% in 3.5 secs. Retard 3 degrees,another 10in 2.5 secs. Motor 1570 w/ Gast pro mod head,G7/G13 cams,44 lectrons. Thanks for any advice,,Dan. Still running these pistons you sold me a couple 3 years ago,later,,,,Carl

You may try playing with your tire pressure. I run a 10x28 Mickey and the best tire pressure I've found is 5 1/4 pounds for my particular set up. I'm also running 15-47 gearing with an all motor 1428 that is not extremely modified. I'm using the standard weights supplied with the slider and can pull 1.22 sixty foot times. I'm also launching at 5800. I would definitely try adding a little air to the tire and see what happens.
    What don\'t kill you can only make you stronger

Hey Carl,
    How have you been That tire likes to be between 4.5 and 5 psi. I would knock a minimum of 1 tooth off the rear sprocket. Drop the bars at least a full turn to start. I would pull 3grams off per arm and recheck stall, if it you can set it around 5,500 you should be fine.. You may end up changing the box settings.. Drop the initial to say high twenties to low thirties and ramp it in a bit quicker. Are you pulsing the fuel solenoid, or is it full open at the hit You may want to move the timing around some also.. Not everything works for everybody, but you cant say it wont work till you try it..
    Glad to see your still around, hadn't heard from you in awhile. Still got those pistons...lol I have probably gone through 80 pistons since I sold you those.. Damn... You definitely got the better deal..[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Improvise, adapt, over come, succeed!

nitrousbike532
    Dan,,You're saying to gear it up taller It seems sluggish as it is. When I go messing w/ the clutch,what is the min. air gap I should have But you're saying to go w/ about 18.5 grams on each arm. There won't no slippage issue w/ that little of weight As far as timing goes on retarding & ramping, any ideas. As you can tell I've been out of it a while, I'm kinda lost in left field. As far as the fuel solenoid goes I don't know how I got it set, until I unload it out of trailer. Thanks for responding Dan. Waiting to hear from you,,,,Carl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast