Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you really think this is appropriate

It seems like a good idea, but even a "whitelist" of good experiences seems to always become polluted with thinly veiled advertising. It's nearly impossible to prevent this, as less scrupulous / very ambitious vendors or individuals always seem to find a way.

I think the best method is no method. We got along for centuries B.W. (before Web!) with just word of mouth;reputations being based upon how one treats people. In today's age, that type of support is even more important, for we risk becoming controlled by carefully constructed virtual worlds. Good faith is a company's (or individual's) real stock in trade. Just as we fear a "blacklist" could cause someone unwarranted damage, so can a "whitelist" bring inaccurate acclaim to an underserving party.

I say both blacklists (individuals and companies)should be retired, and not just locked or archived, but eliminated. And no, I am not on either one!

The whole topic is really a rock and a hard place..........I think it's good to have a place for guys who got screwed(FOR REAL, NOT JUST IN THEIR MINDS) to see if a problem Really exsists by contacting others........But sadly, it always seems to turn into a pissing match, with the truth (sometimes gray) never actually coming out, or a one sided bashing...........Very difficult to control something like this, as has been proven many times on the thread........I fully agree that the color or name of the topic is a moot point and a non-factor......It's the concept that is really the question.........No, I don't have a better answer, and not sure what the Poll will show, but I did vote..........If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about what the end result is!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE THE SMELL OF BURNING RUBBER & NITRO IN THE MORNING......DRAG RACING IS NOT STREET RACING......WFO--OTBD

geek

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hahn Jr.
    We got along for centuries B.W. (before Web!) </font>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59GSiHfG1EM

Quote Originally Posted by geek

Agree, it's the intent, not the name.

If DB.com were to close the Blacklist Individuals forum, would they close the Blacklist Companies as well?

What would be great isto have a Whitelist for Individuals and Companies.

Givepeople a place to post about some of the good deals they have had rather than just the bad.
    So the Blacklist is BAD &amp; the Whitelist is GOOD ?

You don't see a problem with this ?

Keep stirin' up the pot !

Red, *&lt;(:{)-

How about a different perspective. What if you have been using various Dbike vendors for 20 years without incident and then come across a company or individual that is dishonest. Do yo just "Man Up" and go down the road or do you try to warn your friends?
    Your never too old to learn something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Red,
    Quote Originally Posted by geek

Agree, it's the intent, not the name.

If DB.com were to close the Blacklist Individuals forum, would they close the Blacklist Companies as well?

What would be great isto have a Whitelist for Individuals and Companies.

Givepeople a place to post about some of the good deals they have had rather than just the bad.
    So the Blacklist is BAD &amp; the Whitelist is GOOD ?

You don't see a problem with this ?

Keep stirin' up the pot !

Red, *&lt;(:{)-
    Red,

I think Mark is just messing with you!

geek

Quote Originally Posted by Red,
    <div></div>
    <div>So the Blacklist is BAD &amp; the Whitelist is GOOD ? </div>
    <div></div>
    <div>You don't see a problem with this ?</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Keep stirin' up the pot ! </div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Red, *&lt;(:{)-</div>
    IMO, both lists would be good to have. As for the definition, I think that's pretty clear if you check a dictionary. No I don't see any problem with the wording but I am not a grammar expert.

<dt highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0.5em; "></dt><dt highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0.5em; ">blacklist (n.)</dt><dd highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.5em; padding-left: 0.5em; ">"list of persons who have incurred suspicion," c.1619, fromblack+list. Specifically of employers' list of workers considered troublesome (usually forunion activity) is from 1888. As a verb, from 1718.</dd><dd highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.5em; padding-left: 0.5em; ">
    </dd><dd highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.5em; padding-left: 0.5em; ">The term was originated in the UK in the 1600's and had to do with paying taxes.</dd><dd highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.5em; padding-left: 0.5em; ">
    </dd><dd highlight="highlight" style=": rgb221, 217, 202; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.5em; padding-left: 0.5em; ">Perhaps Mr. King or another from the mother land could clear it up.</dd></span>

Edited by: riceburner

Wade,

I want to state in public that I feel your accepting responsibility for something that may or may not be perceived as a bad thing [depends on one's point of view], shows your personal integrity is everything it should be. You do a good job here. Thank you for that.

What ever way the vote goes, it goes. That is a Democratic process. One cannot ask for any more than that.

My sentiment goes beyond the possibility of someone getting sued. It's
    about the basic principles of how we treat each other as human beings.

We can turn any corner, turn any TV Chanel or any Radio Station on and be delivered with all the negativity anyone could personally hope to ever find. Unless one lives in a cave, it's pretty hard to escape from it.

On the flip side of the coin, we have motorcycles and motorcyclists. Weather it be a drag bike a crotch rocket, a cruiser, whatever.... The single most important thing about motorcycling is the way the sport allows your escape from the things that can make live unpleasant.

Have a horrible day.....get on the bike and let trouble blow away in the wind. It's therapy in every sense of the word. It is the heart and soul of the motorcycle experience. If people didn't feel it, they wouldn't be so passionate about motorcycles.

That said, does it not make sense to at least " try" to keep that mind set flowing into all areas that have anything to do with the sport? At least those areas of which we truly have control.

Furthermore, if any other thread go to the level where people were out and out bashing each others reputations into the ground, I would expect a warning would be issued and most likely a locking of that topic.

Sorry for making that so long. I just want it to be clear why I created the initial post. It's up to the members what happens next.

Larry C

VERY WELL SAID LARRY........
    I LOVE THE SMELL OF BURNING RUBBER & NITRO IN THE MORNING......DRAG RACING IS NOT STREET RACING......WFO--OTBD

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast