Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Dogs Bike Series 2010?

Matt, what are the 2010 plans for the Big Dog Series?

I guess I'm looking for somewhere to have some races. The powers that be at Holly Springs don't seem interested. We may be big doggin' it at SEMDRA.

you guys could drive up Nort. I am pretty sure our track would do it. Just that the track is not even close to as nice as holly springs or sgmp. Or you can drive even farther north to where steve lives(north pole). they have a nice track. I really liked what you guys were trying to do with the bikes. how about sikeston?
    At the starting line watching steve get in the cooler

How far is it to Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble Ok from you guys?

Would sure like to have Doghouse race with us.

We'll be traveling to race no matter what. No more Memphis Motorsports Park and Holly Springs doesn't seem to want bikes at the track on Saturday Nights. Doesn't leave us much choice but to travel or quit. Ain't quitting!

Sikeston is definitley on the radar. I just need to get in touch with Ray P. and set something up. There's also the new I 22 in Alabama that I hear is real nice so that's another option.

Rumor is that one of the big car racers here offered MMSP the asking price for the dragstrip, 2.3 million, and they turned it down. Seems that Dover is getting a tax break for the loss. If they sell it there is no tax break and they have to paytaxes for the sale. Uncle Sam seems to be gettin' in the way of all our fun.

Also hear that Gateway is next, sorry St. Louis. The talk of Memphis closing started year before last and I didn't believe it either. Just be ready, the worst is yet to come. Damn, I sound depressing.

Byhalia may start looking good.

Y B Normal
    *Lunatic Fringe Racing*

No way!

Mike would have to spend a million to fix that death trap.
    We would have to spend a million on tires.
    Steel gaurd rails with exposed posts, no thanks.
    No where near enough shutdown. The barbed wire fence at the end of the shutdown is just a bonus.
    I was running 5.14 on my small tire eating tires like fat kids eat popsicles. The big tire would go 4.7's and Chad would run 4.5's. (The track is short) That's only after the sun went down. While the sun was up you'd just be slipping and sliding.
    We could always just slow 'em way down, NA!

When I left Memphis I complained about not being close to a track. I guess ya'll are in the same boat now. These are my choices, Centerville AR is about 2.5 hr, MoKan MOis 2hr, Tulsa is 2hr, Noble OK 4.5hr. Tulsa and Noble both have all bike programs. Edited by: Joe P
    Y B Normal
    *Lunatic Fringe Racing*

We've definitley have been spoiled with tracks for the last few years.

yes and at muncie the track owner is begging for bikes and cant get them seems sad and i feel for you guys we will keep trying and schnitz was planning on having 2 races at muncie this year but havent seen the dates yet

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast