Thread: Kawasaki Suspends AMA Roadracing Participation

Very, very well said Hahn Jr.

Marc
    NuSouth Drag Racing Leauge, LLC
    www.ndrl.us

What companies are still sponsors?

Quote Originally Posted by conrad1320
    What companies are still sponsors?
    Click on the top left link in orrangethat states Dragbike.com supporters.

Wade: I was referring to motorcycle manufacturers that were still operating race teams in the ama road racing series.

I have been involved in motorcycling for a few years here, with moto cross as well as dragracing. the big poblemis with the way the ama handles certain situations that require a savvy decision when the occasion arises. too many rule changes and pressure from too many people that don't have a level buisness head whenit comes the time to be called on. I really don't see what the ama has done to help the sport of dragbike racing move forward in the public awareness, or promotion of our sport. I know this fee is nominal to some, but to someone that has no benefit from joining the ama, I don't like to throw my money out the window. look what happened to flat trackracing. look at daytona, and the motorcycle classes for roadracing. I race locally when I have time, and have a good time and I don't belong to an extra organization. sometimes you have to back up, and take a good hard look at what and where your money is and what you are paying for.less waste ,more extra. TM

Quote Originally Posted by conrad1320
    Wade: I was referring to motorcycle manufacturers that were still operating race teams in the ama road racing series.Â*
    Yamaha. But you also need to understand that after AMA sold Pro racing is went drastically down the tubes. The oems bailed out for other reasons in addition to the economy.

Here is pretty much the story if anyone in interested. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...&article=39047
    Home of the world\'s fastest motorcycle racing products.
    APE Race Parts

Become a TEAM APE sponsored racer Team APE

Cylinder Heads
    Crankshafts
    Trac King Clutches

I went to Daytona a lot of times.This was to see the races not to do Boot Hill Saloon.

What took this from the most famous race to junk? The use of 600's for the big race?A bunch of similar classes so each manufacturer could advertise "we won" Daytona? Or was it changing the shape of the track? TNN,ie Spike,used to have the race on TV,it was at least on radio,now you cannot find it.

Just when they are "real" quality race bikes compared to "home built" stuff of the past,you have no interest in this race. Obviously the costs can not be justified without TV exposure.

I think the track shape changes just made a "low gear" race,to keep the speeds low. The original shape with one turn from banking into the infield made a nicer shape,than after they put that "kink" in it. The chicane on the backstretch was fine,kept the centrifugal force away from the tires.

They'll be watching and developing via remote viewing...per
    george noory on Art bell's old show on radio..coast to coast affer dark..the one about flying saucers and conspiracy and the masons and black holes with crop circles in them
    dont worry about big K..they'll be allright, and we can resurect the whizzer and mustang classes !!
    Tom

Administrator
    There are benefits of being a member of the AMA that are not initially obvious, and most certainly overlooked by many. It's easy to do...I know I did for a very long time until someone helped me put the pieces together.

The AMA lobbyists fight for our right to own motorcycles and ride. There is legislation constantly being battled by the AMA that protect our passion. If we as a group discontinued our support of the AMA they could not sustain the defense teams who work for us as motorcycle enthusiasts and could end up with every one of us losing our right to ride or race. This also holds true to our kids and their rights to ride. Consider the AMA to motorcyclist what the NRA is to gun owners.

The AMA affiliationbrings more legitimacy to our series. Sponsor or potential sponsors have a different view of us. When an OEM or aftermarket company is active in supporting all otherdisciplinesof motorcycle racing they have more willingness to add our series to their list of supported organizations (series).

The other aspect we have seen with the AMA affiliation is these companies see a group of racers that are members of an organization that fights for a common purpose. Just like racers should support the companies that support the sport, the companies support the racers to have a vested interest in motorcycles/motorcyclists in general.

It's a big wheel that goes around and there are many spokes on the wheel. Being some of the air that keeps that tire inflated will help keep that wheel moving.

I don't think any one of us could single handedly or as a small group, achieve what the AMA does. We would slowly lose our rights as motorcycle racers and riders.

Every time I see someone out and about that has an AMA decal, patch or pin on I speak to them. We may not have the same passion for the use of our motorcycles (touring vs. racing), but he is supporting my racing passion, and I am supporting his touring passion.

Hope this help a little.....

When its all said and done, there is usually a lot more said than done.

Scott, I agree with most of your post above regarding the value of AMA to the Motorcycle Industry........But in the 1 year AMDRA was affiliated with AMA, THEY DID ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO HELP MOTORCYCLE DRAG RACING........All they cared about was adding Drag Racers to the Membership $$$$$$$$$........Fortunatly, it only took 1 year to figure it out...........But NHRA wasn't a lot better, as AMDRA & our Rules & Program had been running 99% NHRA Tracks for years anyway.....I sincerly hope the '10 Season goes well for AMA/Dragbike, and for all who are involved in the Sport we love so much.........
    I LOVE THE SMELL OF BURNING RUBBER & NITRO IN THE MORNING......DRAG RACING IS NOT STREET RACING......WFO--OTBD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast