Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All things NDRL!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Powe

<DIV>I WILL BE MAKING AN ANNOUNCMENTON AN ADDITIONALMOTORCYCLE CLASS THAT WILLL BE OFFERED IN 2011.....STAY TUNED !!!</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>

<DIV>Could that be an E/T series too ? </DIV>

We will continue our NuBracket Motorcycle class. To start.....we have 4 car classes and 4 motorcycle classes this year. We plan to add 2 additional carand motorcycleclasses next year when we progress to the two day race schedule. Unfortunately with the number of classes that we have between cars and motorcycles we will not have the time to have street E.T. classes for cars or motorcycles. However, an E.T. car or motorcycle is welcome to enter the NuBracket Class. We often have to remind car and motorcycle enthusiasts that they must keep in mind we are not an all car or motorcycle league. We are both therefore we have to balance the classes and the time. Unfornately we won't be able to have a class for everyone but we feel that 6 classesforthe cars and 6 for the motorcycles is pretty good.

Thanks

<DIV>Marc</DIV>
    NuSouth Drag Racing Leauge, LLC
    www.ndrl.us

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracer
    Hey Marc,

<DIV>I've got about 7 guys wanting to run in the 5.0 index class ready to come to the race but they've been asking me about the format. Bottom line, unless a bike can run 4.60's, the best anyone running the 5.0 index class can hope for is 2nd place. They all questioned the rational of towing 5-8 hours to a race knowing the best they can do is to win 2nd place. I must say i fully agree that it doesn't make sense. </DIV>

<DIV>I understand this is your event and you make the rules. I only ask that you think about those who want to come support you and what works best for them as well. I will pass your reply on to the guys after you post up. </DIV>

<DIV>Frank,</DIV>

<DIV>I am no part of any "circling of the wagons" I was addressing the above statements.</DIV>

<DIV>The way it came across to me was that it needed to be 5.0 index all the way including the Finalor you guys were not coming. My bad I just did not interpret it correct.</DIV>

<DIV>Please realize with what has just happened to my Friends Scott and Brandi and the AMA sanctionthat I am probably over sensitive to what I percieved as "if you do not do itthe way we suggest then our group will not participate" menatality. I witnessed this over there as some think that is the correct way to get things changed to there liking when in my opinion it is nothing but trying to strong arm an org.</DIV>

<DIV>Frank please accept my apology if you felt attacked about your post, some times I do not choose the correct wording with my posts and I try everyday to get better with this. </DIV>

<DIV>I hope to see you guys at the NDRL race and racing in the 5.0 class as well as the Nubracket series as there is a lot of money up for grabs. I know that all of your guys bikes are quicker than mine but I just hope to get to the final and give it my best shot against you guys. I have never in my entire time of racing (20+ years)been able to enter an out the back door race and I am excited about it!</DIV>

<DIV>Wade</DIV>

<DIV>Hey Wade, doesn't your bike run 4.80's when you juice it up????????
    Sounds like this this class was designedfor racers just like you. </DIV>

<DIV>Have fun this weekend. Forgot i had a family obligation and can't makeit this time. See you guys at the next race. </DIV>Edited by: dragracer

<DIV>The class maybe perfect for many people. </DIV>

<DIV>Curtis Clark use to have a motor that ran 7.60's in the 1/4 (on motor) and heran it in Top Gas. Tommy Hines ran a turbo conversion Kaw that ran a 4.68 with one fogger nozzle and some small jets and no progressive and he ran the bike in Top Gas. Chris Mimbs use to have turbo Kaw with one nozzle and the bike would run 4.90's with a small shot and he was a HEAVY, HEAVY rider but he ran Top Gas (purchased his turbo's from me). C. J. Hillie(DOUG FRIERSON'S friend ) entered his Top Gasaspirated small boreSuzukiin Pro Unlimited down in Douglas, GA back in 2005 and ran a 4.59 e.t. Travis Davis use to ride a customer/friend Top Gas Kaw for years and it hada Z-1 head.......4.80's and 90's. Steve Sanders ran hisformer Pro Comp bike in Top Gas for many years that was capable of 7.50's in the 1/4and or quicker.Paul Stuart had a aspirated/nos Kaw that ran 4.80's and quicker........he ran it inTop Gas. Walt Robinson, ran his conversion Suzuki in Top Gas buthewould kick out 4.80 e.t.'s(onmotor).JamesHelton ran his old Suzuki conversion bike with 2 stages of Nos and no progressive with a three speed and the bike ran 4.70's and 80's........he ran it in Top Gas. Charlie Prphit ran a turbo kaw with a 3 speed that ran 4.80's on 18 to 20 psi of boost (he purchased the turbo's from me) and he ran it in Top Gas. </DIV>

<DIV>Many of the motorcycles I mentioned could run faster than whatwas posted. I could go onforever with examples of motorcycles that were far more faster than the index. </DIV>

<DIV>Peace!</DIV>

Edited by: Marc Powe
    NuSouth Drag Racing Leauge, LLC
    www.ndrl.us

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Clark
    Hey Marc,

<DIV>I've got about 7 guys wanting to run in the 5.0 index class ready to come to the race but they've been asking me about the format. Bottom line, unless a bike can run 4.60's, the best anyone running the 5.0 index class can hope for is 2nd place. They all questioned the rational of towing 5-8 hours to a race knowing the best they can do is to win 2nd place. I must say i fully agree that it doesn't make sense. </DIV>

<DIV>I understand this is your event and you make the rules. I only ask that you think about those who want to come support you and what works best for them as well. I will pass your reply on to the guys after you post up. </DIV>

<DIV>Frank,</DIV>

<DIV>I am no part of any "circling of the wagons" I was addressing the above statements.</DIV>

<DIV>The way it came across to me was that it needed to be 5.0 index all the way including the Finalor you guys were not coming. My bad I just did not interpret it correct.</DIV>

<DIV>Please realize with what has just happened to my Friends Scott and Brandi and the AMA sanctionthat I am probably over sensitive to what I percieved as "if you do not do itthe way we suggest then our group will not participate" menatality. I witnessed this over there as some think that is the correct way to get things changed to there liking when in my opinion it is nothing but trying to strong arm an org.</DIV>

<DIV>Frank please accept my apology if you felt attacked about your post, some times I do not choose the correct wording with my posts and I try everyday to get better with this. </DIV>

<DIV>I hope to see you guys at the NDRL race and racing in the 5.0 class as well as the Nubracket series as there is a lot of money up for grabs. I know that all of your guys bikes are quicker than mine but I just hope to get to the final and give it my best shot against you guys. I have never in my entire time of racing (20+ years)been able to enter an out the back door race and I am excited about it!</DIV>

<DIV>Wade</DIV>

<DIV>Hey Wade, doesn't your bike run 4.80's when you juice it up????????
    Sounds like this this class was designedfor racers just like you. </DIV>

<DIV>Have fun this weekend. Forgot i had a family obligation and can't makeit this time. See you guys at the next race. </DIV>
    <DIV>If I weighed 40 lbs less than I do now and it is not a 90 degree day it might and that is a big might, run a high 80. </DIV>

<DIV>Sorry you can not make it, I will try to have enough fun for the both of us!Hope to see you at the next NDRL race.</DIV>

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Powe
    <DIV>The class maybe perfect for many people. </DIV>

<DIV>Curtis Clark use to have a motor that ran 7.60's in the 1/4 (on motor) and heran it in Top Gas. Tommy Hines ran a turbo conversion Kaw that ran a 4.68 with one fogger nozzle and some small jets and no progressive and he ran the bike in Top Gas. Chris Mimbs use to have turbo Kaw with one nozzle and the bike would run 4.90's with a small shot and he was a HEAVY, HEAVY rider but he ran Top Gas (purchased his turbo's from me). C. J. Hillie(DOUG FRIERSON'S friend ) entered his Top Gasaspirated small boreSuzukiin Pro Unlimited down in Douglas, GA back in 2005 and ran a 4.59 e.t. Travis Davis use to ride a customer/friend Top Gas Kaw for years and it hada Z-1 head.......4.80's and 90's. Steve Sanders ran hisformer Pro Comp bike in Top Gas for many years that was capable of 7.50's in the 1/4and or quicker.Paul Stuart had a aspirated/nos Kaw that ran 4.80's and quicker........he ran it inTop Gas. Walt Robinson, ran his conversion Suzuki in Top Gas buthewould kick out 4.80 e.t.'s(onmotor).JamesHelton ran his old Suzuki conversion bike with 2 stages of Nos and no progressive with a three speed and the bike ran 4.70's and 80's........he ran it in Top Gas. Charlie Prphit ran a turbo kaw with a 3 speed that ran 4.80's on 18 to 20 psi of boost (he purchased the turbo's from me) and he ran it in Top Gas. </DIV>

<DIV>Many of the motorcycles I mentioned could run faster than whatwas posted. I could go onforever with examples of motorcycles that were far more faster than the index. </DIV>

<DIV>Peace!</DIV>

Sounds like you'll have a full field of bikes for the 5.0 index class.You listed a lot of 5.10( top gas) bikes.

<DIV>Umm, do you mean to tell me that Doug Frierson actually has friends????????</DIV>

marc oliver
    Marc, do what you think isright for you and Art or you will wind up just like these other motorcycle associations. Some others are hanging bya shoe string. You be concerned about NuSouth and let the others be concerned about their shoe string that is about to break.

<DIV>M.O.</DIV>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123