Thread: 02 1000 gsxr problem

ok, so this bike we jus got is an 02 750 with a 1000 motor, everything on its custom, including the wiring harness wich might i say whoever wired it did an imaculent job, so anyway the problem wer having at the moment is any time when the engine reaches 180 degrees and we hit a bump in the road the bike just shuts off like the kill switch was pulled r sumthing, it doesnt do it anytime at all untill it reaches that temp, it wont start right up for a few mins till it cools a bit either, its g2 be an electrical problem but i didnt kno if it was sumthing the past owner did or if this prob was known on a few other of these bikes
    respect

ok so i guess the last 3 times it did it it did start right back up even tho the temp was 180, ... i dont even kno wer to start w this one, ...
    respect

I'd look at the tip-over switch before I bothered looking at anything else. Not GSXR-specific, but EFI specific.

i kno it came with it but i think it was illiminated, the last person to go through the bike was the local suzuki dealer, took them 28 hrs of shop time to find one wire that was broke, the problem is the custom wiring harness, well go through it any way but the dealer mentiond that we need to add another engine kill devise sumwher sumhow because all others wer eliminated and with only one it can start to burn stuff out; however that works, but anyhow thanks for the advice well check it out later, anyone kno wer it is or what it looks like? im not familure with the newer bikes
    respect

My first thought was the tip over sensor also.
    <DIV>The sensor cant just be unplugged and eliminated, the bike wont start without it.</DIV>
    <DIV>Ive tried it. It wont start without one.</DIV>
    <DIV>Its a 2 inch square black box with 2 wires going to it. Its strapped to the bike using what looks like a wide rubber band.</DIV>
    <DIV>Ive put 02 GSXR motors into ATVs and because of the nature of an ATV, tip over sensors are a good way to shut the motor off during a hill climb. LOL</DIV>
    <DIV>On the 02 it can be modded to make it ineffective.</DIV>
    <DIV>Open it up and then cut the brass ring off. then what I do is to wire a teather kill switch</DIV>
    <DIV>into it so if I do come off the bike I still have a kill feature.</DIV>

Also, does it throw a FI code?

If so grab a manual. It will explain how to jump the dealer switch and pull the REAL code thats storedin the ECU.
    <DIV>Dont disconnect the battery, that clears the code from the ECU.</DIV>
    <DIV>Look up the code in the manual and that should help you track down the problem.</DIV>

its gota power commander, an everythings fine now, sumhow whoever wired it or built the bike before us did infact manage to eliminate the tipover switch, the problem ended up geting worse and doing it all the time and after hrs and hrs of checking stuff over we found a loose prong in one of the connectors in the back of the bike, runs gd now but we gota figure out how to set up the rear shock so we can get that strut out for road riding, oh and we havnt had a gd run yet but the couple passes we made the best was 10.02 w the bottle and he let off bout 70ft r so from the finishline lol was runnin 10.20's hes havin problems cumin off the line leaving either too hard or not hard enough its a new bike; jus needs sum seat time
    respect