Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011

Now the 2010 season has come and gone, will the dates for next year be much the same?

Sam.
    175cc Woodbridge Mile record holder

Site Suppoter
    We are working on the schedule, we should know something by December 1.
    <DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
    <DIV>Jackie</DIV>

Thanks Jackie. Racing takes a bit more planning when you live on the other side of the big pond. It's not like you can look out the window on a Saturday morning and think, "Oh, it looks nice out, think I'll go racing"
    <DIV>I had intended racing the Southern AMA rounds but their colapse has left me looking for alternative venues.</DIV>
    <DIV>From what I've picked up on the forum, SEMDRA seems a well organised and friendly type organisation with a lot of friendly racers but I shyed away because of the 8th mile, why do you only run this distance? </DIV>

<DIV>Sam.</DIV>

Are there any chances in returning to Carolina Dragway or something closer to us in the mid-atlantic states? Even with a worsening economy, aren't there enough bikes spilling out of the exiting of AMA/Dragbike?
    MIROCK seems to have picked up some of those racers, you could, too.
    A guy passed me in the traps, ran off the track & plowed into a cow pasture. He stood up, hay stuck in his hair. I asked are you alright, he said "I, didnnnt see the fin fin finish line!" True Story

sam, you won't be disappointed with SEMDRA
    At the starting line watching steve get in the cooler

My vote is in for a ProComp-type class!
    World Champion in Pro Street, Pro Mod, and Funnybike
    Multiple National and World Record Holder
    Professional Crewchief of the Year
    Multiple Best Engineered Award Winner
    Hahn Dragbike Dynasty Member

Are the results available from last week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Green
    Thanks Jackie. Racing takes a bit more planning when you live on the other side of the big pond. It's not like you can look out the window on a Saturday morning and think, "Oh, it looks nice out, think I'll go racing"
    <DIV>I had intended racing the Southern AMA rounds but their colapse has left me looking for alternative venues.</DIV>
    <DIV>From what I've picked up on the forum, SEMDRA seems a well organised and friendly type organisation with a lot of friendly racers but I shyed away because of the 8th mile, why do you only run this distance? </DIV>

<DIV>Sam.</DIV>

Come on over the water Sam. You will truly enjoy yourself at SEMDRA. Everyone is friendly, even to people like yourself with funny accents- lol. Yeah, i know what you're thinking- he's from the south so how can he say i've got a funny accent. Its a very family oriented environment and many of the younger racers are 2nd or 3rd generation SEMDRA members.

<DIV>As to the 1/8th mile format, i'lldefer the official answer to Jackie. Personally, i prefer 1/8th mile racing due to a greater emphasis on rider skills versus horsepower/mph in 1/4mile racing. Consistency is paramount as there is no room to make up for a screw up in 660 feet. 1/8th mile racing is also easier on the equipment and the event runs much quicker on this format since each race isjust a one day event. Its also safer due to lowertrap speeds. Lastly, SEMDRA's originisfrom 1/8th mile tracks like Twiggs(Macon), Douglas and Albany- therefore our legacy carries forward in that particular vain. </DIV>

<DIV>Bring that new Hondamatic to the first SEMDRA race of 2011 and you will not be disappointed. </DIV>

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Green

Now the 2010 season has come and gone, will the dates for next year be much the same?

Sam.
    Is the bike ready yet? Any new pics on the SOHC website????

Thanks Chad and Frank, I'm hoping to get over for the first SEMDRA meeting next year and the reason for asking for dates is so I can hopefully string it together with a meeting the week before or after. After paying to get over there, I would really like to get more than one meeting in in the two weeks that I take off from work.
    The bike was not quite finished in time to do the Final/Manuf cup but a mate of Jon Weeks (Hondamatic on here) offered to transport it down to Valdosta where my mate Bill can pick it up and have it ready for the start of next season.
    There are a few pics in this thread Frank but you may have seen them on the SOHC forum. As soon as I get more up to date ones, I'll post them or a link to them, some pics don't seem to post.http://forums.dragbike.com/forum_pos...=195277#195277

Sam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast