Thread: Trans and head gasket ?

I'm not on here much so bare with me, I'm building a 1200 turbo Z1R. This is a show n go project on the street. Running a 180/55-17 tomahawk soft compound tires on ZX6 wheels. I am having the trans undercut and running a lockup, question is about the basket, should I have it done up for this or is stock fine?
    2nd question is about the head gasket, I really don't to fight the leaky copper gasket but still want it to seal, What gasket would work up to maybe 15 lbs? I'm starting at 7-9 but I know I'll be pushing this thing up as time goes.

<DIV>If any more info is need just ask. It will be a week or so before I decide where I'm sending the crank to be done. </DIV>
    <DIV>Thanks</DIV>
    <DIV>Les Holt</DIV>

Get the cylinder o-ringed. It will probably blow any head gasket if you don't. I would get the basket done too. It doesn't cost that much when you consider everything else youve done.

I really figured that but my last 1200 compression motor, non turbo, was oringed and copper gasket and it leaked oil, was really hoping for an alternative but such is life. I'll send the basket out for build also, thanks.

I have used graphite gaskets with blocks that were o ringed no problem. Why not?

Use Suzuki Bond (1207B) on gasket.
    <DIV>Won't leak.</DIV>
    <DIV>part # 99104-31140</DIV>
    <DIV>Toyota FPIG is comparable</DIV>

Are you using the suzuki bond on the copper gasket?
    <DIV>Also, I called pearson this eve. Sending him the crank, trans, and basket. Thanks for that one guys!</DIV>

Make sure the head and block are flat. I use yamabond on my head gaskets. Yama, Kaw, Suzuki bond, is probably all the same stuff. On one engine I use nitrous. It hasn't leaked for the 3 years it's been together.