Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The weather channel sucks

another racer destined for divorce , bet she takes your bike out of spite
    street cars kill bike racers

Quote Originally Posted by jackinzoar
    another racer destined for divorce , bet she takes your bike out of spite
    <DIV>Been there done that, on number 3. This one understands my addiction, 15 years and still there. She actually comes to all the races and helps out. Is team Captain for our Summitseries, sells 50-50 tickets and more.Gives mehell if the bike isn't maintained, kicks my ass out to the shop. A rare find indeed! </DIV>
    2011 & 2012 NHRA D6 champion, 2013 tie to 2nd,,,, still had fun.

Lets stop blaming weather forecast for the turnout and be real here....The turnout plain sucked because it was holiday for one...Look At the ladders from saturday to Sunday and see how many ppl left cause they went to spend time with their fathers. Then having the 1st 3 races every other weekend is b.s. Greg should have taken the July date. In years past our 1st race was always June then a couple in July. Simply put a lot of ppl aren't ready to come out and race. I just finish 2 bikes this week that are going to test. I know 4-5 other guys who are still trying to get finished up. In the past years the first couple of events have had low turnouts and as the summer went on they got bigger. It will happen this year.
    <DIV>2ws and Byron need to stop putting promoition dutys on the racers back and take charge and fine a way of doing a better job. Simply put 2ws and byron are a business if you want to grow make it happen!!!! </DIV>

Twisted, no one from 2WS has made one comment about putting any promotional duties on any racers backs. Our June 4-5 races where suppose to be at the end of August and the track pushed us out for a big money car race. We should have just said drop it, but the racers wanted 10 events. As for your bikes not being ready, last time I checked the calendar has 12 months every year, so spring should be no surprise. Quit waiting until the last minute to build bikes, pi$$ poor time managment.

<DIV>As for "making it happen" open your eyes. The majority of the racers we spoke with wanted to go back to 10 events ------- so we did.</DIV>

<DIV>We jacked and gauranteed payouts in more classes. Who has done that in this crappy economy? Which is costing us big money, not a problem. WTF else do you propose we do MR. marketing wiz? We increased the races and payouts, you always have the quick comments and never any real ideas just complaints. It's real easy to hide behind a keyboard and nevey acutally stick your neck out and try building something like this - why don't YOU make it happen? Wait, too much work...it';s much easier to just rip on those who try.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>Edited by: Dan McCarten
    The only place you will find success before work is in the dictionary........

I don't know if it was the weather, the poor scheduling, the poor promoting, the poor economy or the price of gas. But I do know that if racers don't show up, our $1000.00 bracket races will go away. Quit crying and get your azzes to the races.
    Measure with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut with an ax.

hmmm....like Andy, Kurt, Hosey, Mike M, Howdy and Doody (Abrams), Lance, Bruce F, Bruce D, Cammo Pants, Big guy on ol school kz, Purple bagger guy, Dave M, Dave C, Brevin, John F, Foster Boys, Havanna Guys, Joliet guysother thanDarm and Mccrackin, Wisconsin Guys, Dog, Eddyville guys, Clampit, Tiny bixler boy, Joe K on chalupie, Rick R ect.....
    You\'ve been Turtle waxed

T Cole, i am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by tcjr
    hmmm....like Andy, Kurt, Hosey, Mike M, Howdy and Doody (Abrams), Lance, Bruce F, Bruce D, Cammo Pants, Big guy on ol school kz, Purple bagger guy, Dave M, Dave C, Brevin, John F, Foster Boys, Havanna Guys, Joliet guysother thanDarm and Mccrackin, Wisconsin Guys, Dog, Eddyville guys, Clampit, Tiny bixler boy, Joe K on chalupie, Rick R ect.....
    <DIV>Added to list. Rockford guy on Z1R dragbike (no box). Train engineer in street class. Trip. Anybody from Minnesota. St Louis guys. </DIV>

moneys tight for me and STILL NO TRUCK/MOTORHOME
    <DIV>to pull trailer,im also 1 of the few that race a jr no wait 2 jrs for throphys</DIV>
    <DIV>p.s. 20+ year old central air AND roof in 2011 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$</DIV>
    <DIV>KILLS ME to miss a race</DIV>
    <DIV>$$$$sponsors needed</DIV>

<DIV>when i sponsored and beforethe former Mild to Wild Vehicle Transport et class,I got on here and went to my local shops and places nation wide as i was mild to wild,and told every about this great series and the $$ for the taking.when i got my chassis from new orleans area i seen 1 ofour racers in the area eating lunch and from us talking i believe they where a sponsor too.i still tell everybody to go to..... 2wheelspeed.com and check it out they got a class for anybody.</DIV>
    Edited by: hosey

Are you going to raise the payout if you have too many bikes?
    Coattail\'s mom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast