Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto Start...Please break it down for us???

OK....Help some of us out. On how the who AUTO START works?

Poor Dan M and Greg are having nightmares about this discussion. So , please help us out! LOL

Once there are 3 stage/pre-stage lights lit the timer starts.
    Zeke

Ok...and what can or cant you do once that starts?

Can't wait to long or you will get timed out!

As was explained to me ....there are 3 preset delays in the tree once both racers have staged. Randomly the tree will select a delay from 1 sec to usually no more then 4-6 sec but some wait as long as 10 but most people complain and they will change that. So you really can't guess what light you'll get and be good at guessing.
    It's not bragging if you can do it. Fear None-Respect Few

All tracks are suppose to notiify the racers (NHRA tracks) of what there delay is set to... As far as I know there should not be a random delay......I may be wrong. Edited by: Lonnie DeTurck

It has to vary.
    <DIV>If it was always the same you could count in your head and drill the tree every time.</DIV>
    Zeke

I don't have a horse in this race and don't know what is or is not done at your track but,,,,,,,,,,,,,at ours once there are 3 bulbs lit a timer (I believe 7sec) strarts and if you don't put your vehicle in by then you are automatically out. On the other hand if someone double bulbs you before you even turn on the top one then he is automatically out. As for the amount of timebetween when all 4 stage lights are onand when the tree is actuatedautomaticallyvaries from one run to the next so you'll always have a true reaction.Cuts down on some of the BS that goes on at the starting line. jes my .o2 Edited by: trganey
    If it be the Lords will and the creeks don't rise we'll be racing! GRT

I thought this was the way all trees worked as trganey said. The automatic out for putting both bulbs on is a new one to me but every track I'm sure is not the same. The idea of having the same length of time after both racers are staged to go green is also something I think hasn't happened for at least 20 years if not longer at most tracks. Again I'm sure there are always exceptions but very few to that. There would always be one guy that could figure that out !
    It's not bragging if you can do it. Fear None-Respect Few

Compulinks Autostart program will automatically bring the tree down at a random pace within a given window. Proper required minimum staged time and delay after this proper stage are programmable in .1 second increments. The computer will then add a random 0-0.2 second delay to the above two programmable delays, and then start the tree. A total timeout is also in effect and is is adjustable from 5-30 seconds. Once both prestaged bulbs are lit and someone breaks the staged bulb (even if they just flash it) the tree will cycle in the preset delay before timing out.

ADRL uses the following settings on ALL Pro Tree classes.

Staged Minimum = .5 seconds
    Stage-To-Start = .3 seconds
    Total time-out = 7 seconds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast