Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chain tensioner for Vortex2/GPz

Quote Originally Posted by joe k
    Jay or S2LRare these van sant units methanol and nitro compatible orwill they go soft and jelly/likethestd ones?
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I can't answer your question since I've never run them or tested them in either environment. All I know is that they are made out of solid teflon. Pretty strong stuff...</div>

Quote Originally Posted by muzzie42
    <t></t><t></t><table width="99%"><t><tr><td ="bbquote"="" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb207, 207, 207; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: dotted; border-right-style: dotted; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb55, 55, 55; border-right-color: rgb55, 55, 55; border-bottom-color: rgb55, 55, 55; border-left-color: rgb55, 55, 55; : rgb0, 0, 0; width: 1219px; margin-top: 8px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 8px; margin-left: 0px; text-align: left; overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: auto; display: block; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; ">Originally posted by riceburner

I know where you can get a nice crank support.<div>
    </div></td></tr></t></table><div></div><div>Does this support require the cases to be machined? Yes</div><div>
    </div><div>Thisinformation.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks Guys</div></span>

<div>
    </div><div>Steve Rice's support is a U-shaped billet piece of aluminum where the bottom interfaces with the crank cap and the sides interface with the lower case webbing. It's a nice strong piece but like all the other designs I've seen, it requires the cases to be machined.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our design didn't require any machining of the cases. Only the crank cap needed to be milled. We wanted it to be as "bolt on" as possible with minimal machining required. Since most people don't have a machine shop/equipment at their disposal, it's a lot easier and cost effective to mill a crank cap than it is to machine a set of cases. Shipping is certainly cheaper...</div>

Thanks S2LR I have since made one like the one youdesigned its a solid billet that bolts to the milled main cap and slots upthroughthe lower case web and then bolt a 12mm plate on the cap to thewebswith 6x8mm countersunk cap heads and 3x10mm countersunk cap heads

Let me know how it works out for you...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234