Thread: Basic Land Speed Questions for Busa

Ok, now that ECTA will be running in Ohio next year, I am re-gearing my dragbike to be a dual purpose adreanline producing machine.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne"><BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">It is a stock internal engine in an FBR atak frame, currently set up with a 7x15 slick. Plan is to run a car tire of some sort with some tread.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">The engine has a murray sidewinder pipe, no airbox, and ECU hacked. Weight of bike is 350ish, rider and bike is 525.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne"><BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">Im trying to find out<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">1. A rough idea of the gearing I should run.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">2. How much fuel I would need on 1 pass (JUST built afuel cellthat I think will be two small)<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">3. I currently run no radiator but to run a 3"x10" coolant tube, just an aluminum tube the water runs through. It is mounted right in the front of the bike. Wondering if this will keep me cool enough? if not I may just go to a smalldirt bikeradiator.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: n&#111;ne">4. How much HP to run naked @ 200mph?

On a 190 mph 1000 cc production bike at Bonneville we had to tape the radiator to keep it from going into enricment. Even with a proper warm up the Data acquistion system showed the ECU going into enrichment mode in the middle of a 5 mile run in 90 degree weather.
    Ralph Pitlock
    AMRDA/IDBA
    http://www.paintworkz.com

Site Suppoter
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Ok, now that ECTA will be running in Ohio next year, I am re-gearing my dragbike to be a dual purpose adreanline producing machine.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none"><BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">It is a stock internal engine in an FBR atak frame, currently set up with a 7x15 slick. Plan is to run a car tire of some sort with some tread.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">The engine has a murray sidewinder pipe, no airbox, and ECU hacked. Weight of bike is 350ish, rider and bike is 525.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none"><BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">Im trying to find out<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">1. A rough idea of the gearing I should run.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">2. How much fuel I would need on 1 pass (JUST built afuel cellthat I think will be two small)<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">3. I currently run no radiator but to run a 3"x10" coolant tube, just an aluminum tube the water runs through. It is mounted right in the front of the bike. Wondering if this will keep me cool enough? if not I may just go to a smalldirt bikeradiator.<BR style="-webkit--shadow: none">4. How much HP to run naked @ 200mph?
    Your tube radiator would hold up with no issues at the Wilmington mile here in Ohio. No problems.
    Fastest NOS Motorcycle in the 1 mile

www.TigerRacingProducts.com