A few months back I purchased the personal frame from the owner of Action Chassis... After the long proccess of chasing him down to send me all the parts he said was included.. I was able to make some passes at my local track, Infineon Raceway.
Later that month, I made the trip from the San Francisco bay area to race her in two classes up in Woodburn, Oregon. Test and tuned on Friday, then Saturday morning discovered the first crack in the frame. Thought my weekend was done, but we were able to borrow a scratch tig welder and repaired her the best we could.
Made a couple qualifying passes on Saturday before the welds to the battery tray bracket broke loose from the frame. Also discovered the heads from the bolts he used to mount the tray punched holes in the bottom of my battery. Thought mt weekend was done... But Wal Mart was close for purchasing a new battery, and after borrowing the tig welder for a second time I was able to get her put back together again.
Went out in eliminations quick in on of my classes, but was doing great in the one I had left. After cutting my best reaction time ever, and being excited on how consistant she was running, a friend grabbed my attention and pointed out a crack in the same area of the frame, on the opposite side. The tubing was completely cracked... This time was weekend was done.
When we got home, I stripped the bike down... We found one more crack in the tubing and two cracks in the frames welds. At this point I would not feel comfortable going down the track without baking off the new powder coat to inspect the rest of the frame. The upper motor mounts welds were porous and had been hidden by the new powder coating.
Six new gussets and another five areas that had to be addressed, and I get to put her back together again.

This was the first crack that we repaired at the track Saturday morning before Qualifying


This was the crack that took me out in the quarter finals and ended my weekend


Same crack, picture taken at the track


This is the fouth failure that we found after getting her home...


This was the fifth, kind of minor but still a failure...


This was the crack we found on the rear motor mount...


These are two of the six gussett we installed to strengthen the frame...



These are the gussetts we installed to the lower rear loop, and the relocation of the battery tray bracket... And completion of the welds to the foot peg brackets, they were only welded on one side...



This is apicture of the repairs to the upper motor mounts...



Action Chassis should have included a welder with the purchase of his frame. You too can do s