Thread: Vegas Test Session Feb. 3-5, 2012

<h1>2012 Nitro Blast-Off test session for NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series teams Feb. 3-5</h1><div ="date">Thursday, December 8, 2011</div><div ="article"><div id="articlegallery"><div ="er"></div><div ="er">The biggest names in professional drag racing will converge on The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the annual Nitro Blast-off preseason test session for NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series teams. Top Fuel Dragster, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle teams and more will have a chance to fine-tune their entries in preparation for the upcoming 2012 NHRA Drag Racing Series.

The test sessions will be open to the public.

For more information, please contact The Strip at LVMS' office at (702) 632-8213 or visit www.LVMS.com</font>.</div></div>

Friday, February 3, 2012
    7 a.m. - Credential Sales/Gates Open
    7:30 a.m. - Tech Inspection
    8 a.m. - Sportsman Test ‘n’ Tune begins
    8:30 a.m. - Lanes Open for Profession Testing
    3:30 p.m. - Lanes Close
    4 p.m. - Conclude Testing

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spectator admission
    Adult single-day – $20
    Adult weekend (all three days) - $40
    Kids single day - $6
    Kids weekend (all three days) - $12
    Kids 5 and under (with paid ault) – Free

Race entry fees
    NHRA professional categories – $250/vehicle
    NHRA professional categories weekend (all three days) - $500/vehicle
    NHRA Sportsman categories – $100/vehicle
    NHRA Sportsman weekend (all three days) - $200/vehicle

Note: Additional test days will be held on Monday, February 6 and Tuesday, February 7 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Cost is $600 per car/per day – 20 car maximum. First come, first serve on morning of test at 8 a.m. Monday and Tuesday test is closed to the public.</div>

See http://www.dragbike.com/forum/calendar.php

Be sure to list these events . . .

Red, *<(:{)-
    1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion.
    2000 NMRA / Prostar West PRO E/T #2
    2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA E/T Champion.
    2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA PRO E/T #2
    2007 Pro St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion.
    2008 Motorcycle Drag Racing Assoc. SS Champion.

Anybody heard anything about Vegas testing?
    Live Your Dreams

Thanx for that!
    Live Your Dreams

well it lookslikeit was a good weekend. steve dorn went 6.40 at only 180 went 4.14 at 189 with 1.10 short number went fat at 4.3 seconds yea haa
    also beau layne was out with his newly purchased ex john breckenridge nitro v60 weekend frametop fuel bike. made 4 passes ended up hurting the trans but he also hadsome good bottom numbers ithink he said 1.teens 60 with 2.88 330 off the throttle 4.60 1\8
    go big go fast or go home

A Quote from Steve Dorn: " I know this bike has a 5 in it. I have never riden any bike that pulled that hard." Steve now has bragging rights as the quickest man in the world on a Blown Nitro V Twin with an 1/8 mile, 4.14 @ 189. A 1/4 mile, 6.40. The amazing thing is, it did the 6.40 with the front cylinder out at 4.3 sec. The bike was billowing flames out the stacks, visable in broad daylight. Steve said when the cylinder went out, the bike tried to throw him over the handlebars. Steve and I are seeking sponsors for the record attempts this coming season. We both believe we can smash the records in all the sanctions in 2012. We need parts sponsors; a GoodYear tire sponsor and money sponsors. We need your help! We are reaching out to the motorcycle community, the Christain community and all those have a need for speed! A $25.00 donation will put your name on the Messenger. A $250.00 donation will put your name on the bike and send you Tee shirt with picture of Steve and the Messenger with a special thanks and our records accomplished at the end of the 2012 season. If you would like to be a major sponsor with large bike ad or a trailor ad, contact Bob Grimes at; mightywings@sbcglobal.net
    Please send all donations to Mightywings Race team, 10343 La Cuesta Trl, Rough and Ready Ca. 95975
    I know I'm going to Heaven cuz every time I ride this thing it scares all the hELL out of me!

HarleyDrags.com för all-Harley dragracing, Harley-Davidson Harley ...
    Charley Karling ran 6.36 during qualifying at Santa Pod ... I am happy to read that Jaska did a 6,39 at Alastaro, ... The ST/TF record still stands at 6.45 by Charly in

I Have to apoligize It apears that we are not the quickest. with a 6.400 . we will have to work harder in Texes in march at the Nitro Nite of Fire. Thank you Warpig for the corection.
    I know I'm going to Heaven cuz every time I ride this thing it scares all the hELL out of me!

I went to this event last year and it was great, and I am wondering where I can find information about similar events in Vegas for this year because I want to use these Vegas Coupons I have for a cheap room. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by The Boss; 02-16-2013 at 03:12 PM.