Thread: CHAD ISLEY : GOT 750A READY TO GO !!!!!

CHAD ISLEY : GOT 750A READY TO GO !!!!!

BIG SMILE : After buying the 1978 CB750A three years ago I got all the parts ready for the 2012 season of 1320'. Got the CV CARBS from my XJ750R SECA mounted on head with K boots = what a power pick up on my wheel dyno !!!!! Ready to jump off if I didn't have double tied downs , I did the head [ port,polished, lapped, tested every part ] and ground my own cam profile on stock bottom end. And this is the back up motor in a rolling frame . Will mill the head .020 on the race motor [ 13,000 mile ] and leave the cam sprocket stock for retard , with the same head work as the back up motor , might have the intake plugs welded with straight extensions so I can run the CV CARBS from a NIGHTHAWK 750 motor with straight rubber connectors as I have these same carbs on the 450cc Hondamatic's that I race , and have a great setup for these CV carbs on the auto stall with rear brake [ line lock ] giving me great reaction times. Will be at Valdosta as I have a home to stay at 25 minutes from that track. Bringing my 1976 CB750 [ unrestored ] and my 1981 " LITTLE TURTLE " 400cc to make grown folks cry = catch me at 1319'.

POPS BK911 ST/ET NHRA
    Richard \"POPS\" Luzader
    DRAGBIKE ST/ET 911

Way to go, Pops, looking forward to seeing you do your stuff as well as checkin' out the machinery.
    Insert your favorite movie line here

Are you still planning on making the NHDRO races, I will be there to donate my money to the winnings.
    The never ending search for power!!!

POWERGREED : Will be at the NHDRO to gather with friends that I have met over the past 20 years of living on the road drag racing motorcycles. Some of these folks I have not seen for a long while and that needs to be fixed as you-all know the old HONDA AD of YEAR AGO " YOU MEET THE NICES FOLKS ON A HONDA " has been the past 20 years on KZ, ZUKI, HARLEY,HONDA and Yamaha and to this day not one BMW. TRUE STORY : Bike week 2003 Daytona and me at transporter with DYNO the three big shots from BMW came up to me and asked would we { MSP } BE INTERESTED IN RACING A BMW. My ans. = They got a driveshaft , not good..... their ans. we can make a bike with chain drive and gave me their business card, gave it to JOE MSP and he thought I was playing around with him . Thanks to BROCK for a OHIO BOYZ to bring in a new player.

POPS BK911
    PS. I'm going to the RICHARD PETTY DRIVING SCHOOL MAY 5 2012 for 8 laps by myself after school, I think that one NASCAR racer is 71 years old but maybe I could race him in the SENIORS BOWL at my age of 70, cars one day on round track and the next day on the 1320' drag strip.
    Richard \"POPS\" Luzader
    DRAGBIKE ST/ET 911

any carb other than stock is an upgrade on the 750A. i use 71-76 K model carbs and i can tell there's a good bit of difference.

got a picture of the xj750 cards on the matic?

Simple fix: Buy NEW carb boots on e-bay OEM for cb750k 69-76 , bigger front openings , clamp on your head , tale a small paint brush with STP [ WORKS GREAT FOR ANY O-RING HARD TO FIT ] and lube up the rubber and the carb lip , make sure you got the metal clamp on rubber boots, take a heat gun or a hand held hair drier and heat up boots to WARM !!!!!!!! Push in one end half way and work the other 3 plugs into their boots = push-push. Clamp down tight and with the STOCK CV carbs off of a xj750r Yamaha [ stock jets ] put on a sets of 52MM pods = hang on................... I use a 1/4 turn quick throttle with xj750r cable , made a small metal bracket to screw onto stock xj750r choke mount to clamp the stock CB750A choke cable in place for a simple fix. Can't show my secrets with a picture as this matic also has a BLUE bottle progessive spray in HIGH GEAR another simple fix. My tinkering is what I see by watching folks throw big money to go fast and lose a race to my " TURTLES 400-450-750CC matics " seeing them ar 1319" of a 1320" dragstrip " ON ANY SUNDAY " .

POPS BK911 ST/ET NHRA
    Richard \"POPS\" Luzader
    DRAGBIKE ST/ET 911

atta boy pops! I'll be there. Not sure if there will be room for my honda but we'll see.
    At the starting line watching steve get in the cooler

Hey Pops, hope to see you at NTR as well,...would love to see the 750a.......Mike
    \"Racing is Life, Everything before and after, is just waiting\"...Steve McQueen
    \"Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction\"...Ronald Reagan

MIKE: You need anywork on BUSA = I got TROY SMOCK now in NEW LEXINGTON Oh. at his shop = but I'm looking for him a shop in COLUMBUS for his Dyno and engine works and all bike and jet ski repairs. If we can find a place on the eastside of Columbus he will move all his shop up here and I will be there 2-3-4 days a week like the old dayz of MSP.
    CHAD : Bring them KZ frames with BUSA motors and I would be happy to see GROTHUS little boyz all growed up racing bikes, JET racing in the ol dayz was the best. Got 5- 750a bikes , 3- 450a bikes , 1- 400a bike and 1 - CB900F2 1- KZ1000LTD 1- XJ750R SECA 1- J-MODEL DRAG BIKE 1- My OL KZ ZIR DRAG BIKE and motors sitting in racks everywhere !!!!! See what you made me do with that ol HONDAMATIC you raced years ago ? THANKS AGAIN

POPS BK911 ST/ET NHRA and NHDR in 2012
    Richard \"POPS\" Luzader
    DRAGBIKE ST/ET 911