Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout them Harleys

They are closer to a Harley than the Suzukis are to TL's. ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by lnelson View Post
    Since Harley controls the program and they won't sell their motors, maybe they should give all PS competitors a motor a make it a one horse race for real?
    IMO the race should be about mechanical, tuning and riding skills. Making the most out of the available combination of parts on an equal playing field. Not who has the most available money, influence ,or power. Which is why sportsman racing is so competitive and anyone can win on a given day. Granted money will always be a factor in what parts or information can be purchased. At the end of the day NHRA is a business and it's ALL about the money.
    Last edited by ALO; 03-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    2011 & 2012 NHRA D6 champion, 2013 tie to 2nd,,,, still had fun.

Want to have fun scrap all the rules except safety and fuel. class prostock gas, normally asperated. no cubic in limit no tire limit anything goes. no blowers, turbos, nitros or SNIVELERS.
    I know I'm going to Heaven cuz every time I ride this thing it scares all the hELL out of me!

hate hearing about LE and the Nitro Fish deal

bill hahn made a post on facebook about the ET record before this past weekend -wise man he is.

NHRA announces they will review the performance and make a decision on what action to take.

My initial thought on this is that they won't do jack within the next three psm races.
    They're nitro v-twins not Harleys. They're too damn cool to be Harleys!

Quote Originally Posted by MIGHTYWINGS View Post
    Want to have fun scrap all the rules except safety and fuel. class prostock gas, normally asperated. no cubic in limit no tire limit anything goes. no blowers, turbos, nitros or SNIVELERS.

That's the best idea yet.

Also you can vote to try and help GB get parity. link is http://psmparity.com/
    Last edited by damian2489; 03-18-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    There are only 3 sports in this world.Bullfighting , Mountain climbing, and Motorsport. The rest are merely games. (Ernest Hemingway )

That would be too easy! Thus, it will never happen. Too bad.
    OLD GUYS RULE-THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS!

I know that this is a suggestion that will never come to fruition but, it's too bad all the guys/gals won't/can't get together and boycott unless, and until things get straightened out.

I have a better suggestion: Make the Harley's, V-Rods and Buells all use a real Harley clutch pack and basket in PMS and not the Suzuki clutch packs and baskets.
    OLD GUYS RULE-THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS!

I have been drag racing motorcycles for 20 years. I used to respect pro stock bike as the cream of the crop. Unfortunately, I have to accept the fact that the class has gone the way of 8 track tapes, dial telephones, and honest people. They have no place in a "competetive" setting.anymore than a gun has in a knife fight. Yes, you will win, no it is not fair to anyone watching, or anyone else in the class. I have a new found respect for George Bryce who has so much love for the sport that he is still willing to field competetive machines even after stating " we're racing for second place."
    Some of you will understand what I'm saying and get it. Others will call me a whiner and tell me to pi** off...but here's the deal...back in the day, not so long ago, you got fame and fortune for hard work and sticking to your goal till everybody that mattered felt you were the best at what you did....you got respect because you had to show what you can do against all odds,
    Nowadays, the "fields of fame" or national exposure arenas are fabricated, and selected people are groomed to fill the leading spots. All the reality programs that "find" "stars"...it isn't popular opinion that made their stars, they were fabricated to fill your idea of what a "star" should be, BUT... with only about 10% of the experience that a tried and true star that started from the bottom, and EARNED respect the old way has.
    Apply this formula to PSB, and it all makes crystal clear sense. The long term goal is not to have parity, not to support the class, and for god's sake, please keep the four letter word that starts with F, out of the discussion...being FAIR has nothing to do with this topic..The ONLY long term goal of this era is to make the history books show that Harley Davidson dominated PSB for as long as it could.
    I't all about show business, boys.......
    Last edited by Tim Rinkerman; 06-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Some\'s good,more\'s better,and too much is just right....

Hi Floyd!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast