Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout them Harleys

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrete View Post

Vance and Hines did this for one reason and one reason only,the S&S mfg G2 Bryce Buell was kicking Harleys wonder bike's butt so they needed a larger advantage to win.
    I have to agree 100% - The S&S had something the V-Rods didn't have out of the box, V&H knew it and saw it coming. They got beat twice out of championship outright between Matt Smith and Hector Arana, and squeaked by Ellis and Rivas.

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    ray - no reply to my comments? dang, I was looking forward to hearing your side of it.

I dont find it fair that no one else has access to the VRod, its not. But its NHRA legal and if they are cool with it then whatever
    Unless you race in the series, why stress and complain over it so much? Each year I read these comments from some of you just bitching and moaning all season long yada yada yada........get over it.
    Maybe he's treating you with the ignorance you deserve. As to your point about the people complaining yet not racing ,check out GB,s comments on "the Bullet". And he competes.
    Last edited by damian2489; 03-10-2012 at 02:36 AM.
    There are only 3 sports in this world.Bullfighting , Mountain climbing, and Motorsport. The rest are merely games. (Ernest Hemingway )

Maybe. Maybe not.
    Maybe he recognizes my point, that if I am stupid for not seeing the unfairness of the rules, that the people who do race must be the biggest idiots to ever walk the Earth. I mean, Im just a guy, but they are actually spending their time and money on a race they, apparently, arent going to win.
    That must be it.

Maybe instead of complaining all season about the Harleys, complain about the other riders for wasting their time. Dont go support them, thats like supporing someone who is smoking dope - heading down a road that leads to loserville. No no, tell them the error of their ways.
    I mean, that is if you REALLY feel the rules are so unfair.....

Krawiec backs up the record 6.750.
    Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    ray - no reply to my comments? dang, I was looking forward to hearing your side of it.

I dont find it fair that no one else has access to the VRod, its not. But its NHRA legal and if they are cool with it then whatever
    Unless you race in the series, why stress and complain over it so much? Each year I read these comments from some of you just bitching and moaning all season long yada yada yada........get over it.
    Sorry, I have a life & don't get to come here every day. It doesn't matter if I race the series or not because right is right & wrong is wrong. Or did your parents never teach you that? Maybe that's it. Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

Ray, please, answer the question - if i am so stupid for not realizing how unfair the rules are, how do you feel about the racers that spend their money and time on the class?

What business is it of mine how other people spend their money & time? That has nothing to do with right & wrong. Are you just a V&H fan & don't like people telling the TRUTH about your heroes? I used to work for Terry Vance & now have no respect for V&H as racers. Which part of what is right & wrong do you not get? Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

They have harleys running in Pro-Stock ? Having raced in the class I have a hard time even looking at it anymore, It used to be a class based on a stock configuration setup modified to extract the most out ouf it now they have engines that do not exist anywhere else and try to sell the general public the notion of going out to your local dealer and pick one up. The ............... george bryce and everyone else had to put up with is an insult to anyone with half a brain. It would seem that integrity does have a price.
    W Dwelsdorf

It is bad enough that harley bought the rules with an engine like no other in the world but then really insult the rules by not putting a "stock" bike up for sale to someone else. As to being a V-Rod simply because it is DOHC 4 valve when not any parts of it are like the production motor.

Rules,you remember them, used to specify a stock cam shaft must fit the head. Not my money made an engine no one else can get to have a great big advantage over everyone else.

Vance and Hines bikes sound, look and have the performance to back up the sights and sounds, the new body work they are sporting this season is stunning, beautiful bikes.

Harley Davidson Motor Company (and to a very large part their customer base) has never been shy when it comes to using rule books and organization manipulation to keep their product in front of who ever is competing.

Hiring the best team to develop and race from them was a good decision, sadly by buying the organizations and rules as they have has not be as good of a decision for others that compete against them - however the brand loyal customer base doesn't care.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast