Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slider Mods Drive Back

Slider Mods Drive Back

Slider clutch modified for return road drive back anyone fiddle with mods for this? Is it worthwhile? I used a Lockup for years sometimes inconsistent buit soime awesome 0 60 s for me . Im going slider but Im not sure my wife wants to tow me back from the end on the 4 wheeler... Looking for something to use to lock up clutch so I can drive back??? Anyone have ideas? Thanx Mike

Call Tim Hays. Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

I spoke with Tim Hys via intnet regarding GS Convertible clutch, He told me he doesnt make them Ray for that Model.

That's interesting. He told me he WOULD make me one but it was over a year ago. I know he needed me to send him a COMPLETE clutch to make one. Did you ask if he will make one for you? Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

Dont modify it. A gs will be fine with a 4500 stall so just hit it and drive it back. I have a lot of customers that race every weekend, drive back with slider gs and kz eng. and when they do it right they keep the clutches in for a season. One guy has a gs efi turbo with the stall at 5800, it was tough for him to get used to it but now he rides it to the lanes and then back.
    Dont make things harder or more complicated than they have to be .

The problem, at least out West Marion, is that the track officials all give us chit because it sounds like the slider bikes are hauling a$$ when they just whack the throttle to get moving. Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

OH. then that would be a problem untill they knew and understood what you needed to do.

Rock Solid Mfg.I bet Bob will make you one

iroscoi@yahoo.com My email as I'm not on this board if you want a couple more pics. These are the plans I came up with for a GS. A job shop should be able to do the machining you need. I ran this on a small tire and then a car tire without issues for about 5 seasons.

Last edited by rosco15; 03-23-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast