Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slider help

slider help

i have a 1428 g3 g4 cams small tire ,shinko reator slick . i went from lock up to slider clutch haveing trouble with launch ,when i come off button blows the tire spins 100 ft . slider is set up right know with bolt and nut and two warshers on each arm havent tryed yet .could someone tell me good starting point . springs are set at 740 that is 5200 rpm need to get clutch to slip havent found it yet been trying foe two weeks best pass so far 5.65 120 mph 1.35 60ft last year ran 5.52 60 ft 1.20 also went two 123 auto need to know how to get slip out of the hole
    mutt1

My setup is a TG bike with 10" tire and mine works great after 1 race and a call to MTC.

I will make several comments/observations:
    -Talk to Kevin at MTC, he knows the baseline setup for your setup.
    -Make sure your tire pressure and wheelie bar setup are correct for that tire.
    I ran a small tire many years ago but these new tires are different so I would defer to someone familiar with the Reactor tire.
    Otherwise I would be surprised that you are blowing the tire away.
    If your were Budds Creek, MD it would be tough to spin the wheel at a MIROCK race.

Do not give up, once you have the setup right you will be thrilled with it.
    A guy passed me in the traps, ran off the track & plowed into a cow pasture. He stood up, hay stuck in his hair. I asked are you alright, he said "I, didnnnt see the fin fin finish line!" True Story

thanks man, i have already talk to kevin he sais keep takeing weight off till it slips ,also i have been runnign 5 pound in shinko slick a was told not enough it wadds the tire i have been feeling it , someone told me about 6 to 7 1/2 pound lowerd bars to they was to high going this week end to motormile dragway then to elk creek on moneday thanks
    mutt1

6 pounds is still too low. You shouldn't need to run less than 7 psi. Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

How much do you weigh? As Ray said, 6 is too low and I'm betting you need to be more around 7.75 to 8.5, my thoughts are you're cupping the tire, it's getting up on it's edges, thus your spin.. get the pressure up and get some contact patch. I crew for a guy with a 1500 cc small tire slider setup and we run 8.75. He weighs about 180.
    Steve \"Blues\" Baltimore
    DogHouse Racing

slider help

ok i will try it this saturday , im 6ft 2 212 pound do u think thats why im spinning the tire and not getting clutch slip out of the hole, is tire pressure.
    mutt1

It is VERY possible. I run 8 lbs in mine & weigh 220 suited. Ray.
    GOD rides a SUZUKI!

X2 very possible.
    I'm 205lbs bike and rider 600lbs. 8.5 PSI

Bingo! Go get 'em
    A guy passed me in the traps, ran off the track & plowed into a cow pasture. He stood up, hay stuck in his hair. I asked are you alright, he said "I, didnnnt see the fin fin finish line!" True Story

Shinko Reactors have not worked well for anybody I know of

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast