Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time and last time at a cup race

First time and last time at a cup race

First off this is a rip off. They make you pay for gate fee of $40 even though your only gonna race Saturday. Plus they make the racer pay to enter the track and pay an entry fee to enter your class. So the advertised pride of $75 for pro et is bogus. Why nske the racer pay a gate fee when we are the Show. And why make you pay for two days when your only racing one. Never again.

Thank God for MiRock!

Kev
    LIVING THE DREAM ONE ROUND AT A TIME!

What kind of turn out do they have? About how many bikes in TG?

Sorry didn't run top gas. I'm only running pro et. After finding out the Gate fee and entry fee i decided to only run one day and go home tonight. This is an hour drive for me so no big deal on the fuel. Just Serms expensive compared to mirock. From the looks of it not many bike in any class. I saw less than 40 bikes in pro et.
    Last edited by Track Rat; 06-22-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Shoot....we have close to 30 here at our local Summit race at Atlanta Dragway! Hate to hear that.

Rain kept some away but the majority of racers around here would rather race MiRock. This is what I'm getting from the locals. Too much money to get in and enter each class. Yes the payout is higher but most would rather pay a lower fee and win a little less
    Last edited by Track Rat; 06-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Not me, I like the higher purses!

i heard from a friend there that there were about 200 racers there
    curious to see some official counts, as well as results etc

is this series losing some of its luster so soon?
    maybe its cause its not new, but when the first ones were held there was TONS of talk here about the races - this time hardly a mention.

A real shame for sure, but what I hear is that the way they treat the racers is why no chatter and not many going. No fun to go spend a bunch if money to race and get treated like crap. Even their "champions" from last year don't go anymore, that's go to tell Ya something.
    Last edited by gomadman_1991; 06-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.

For me I need a little clarification on what went so wrong on your day at the VMP.

You didn't like paying a two day gate fee (twenty bucks each) for being at the track for both days (to spectate for one day and race the next) then having to pay class entry fee ($75.00) to race in the class of your choice on the day you chose to compete, or am I getting this wrong?

From all the years I have been going to the races I cant seem to remember (which isn't very easy at my age) ever not paying a gate fee to enter the track (charged on a daily basis) then having to pay to entry fee for in what ever class I was going to enter.

There have always been other fees needing to be paid also before making a lap, organization membership, other memberships, licence fees, physicals the correct safety equipment (Simpson race shoes aint cheap) etc... the sport can get expensive at times.
    Last edited by riceburner; 06-23-2013 at 03:59 AM.

[QUOTE=riceburner;641536]For me I need a little clarification on what went so wrong on your day at the VMP.

You didn't like paying a two day gate fee (twenty bucks each) for being at the track for both days (to spectate for one day and race the next) then having to pay class entry fee ($75.00) to race in the class of your choice on the day you chose to compete, or am I getting this wrong?

From all the years I have been going to the races I cant seem to remember (which isn't very easy at my age) ever not paying a gate fee to enter the track (charged on a daily basis) then having to pay to entry fee for in what ever class I was going to enter.

There have always been other fees needing to be paid also before making a lap, organization membership, other memberships, licence fees, physicals the correct safety equipment (Simpson race shoes aint cheap) etc... the sport can get expensive at times.[/QUOT

Yeah,must suck to be him.I've got to pay 1500.00 a year for a licence ,then at least 450.00 per event to race.Nearest racetrack is 600 miles away that I can race at ,and diesel is $1.60 a liter.
    Yeah, I feel your pain.
    There are only 3 sports in this world.Bullfighting , Mountain climbing, and Motorsport. The rest are merely games. (Ernest Hemingway )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast