Stock to Brock: 2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Episode 4 : Exhaust Installation and Theory
Brock discusses OEM exhaust systems and their function and analyzes restrictions as well as potential cures. Once again, he gets down and dirty to make the discussion as fun and enjoyable as possible.
- 2017 GSX-R 1000L7 Standard model (not the ‘R’ version) purchased from Fun For All Motorsports Elizabethtown, KY
- Traction control – Motion Track Traction Control Standard (TC=OFF during testing)
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) Power Mode=A (max power selected during testing)
- Fuel used during test = Shell 89 Octane (choices available at our local Shell = 87, 89, 93 – we selected mid-grade for our tests)
- Rear tire: Stock Bridgestone Battlax RS10 190/55/ZR17 – 35 PSI Nitrogen
- Motor Oil: As delivered (unknown)
- Air Filter: OEM
- PAIR: Blocked
- 5th Gear Pulls
- Power Commander: On bike with ZERO map installed (equivalent to no Power Commander at all)
- ECU: Stock or Brock Flashed with Flash Tune (FTecu) software (ETV Base Maps/Mode A 100%) –
Video Introduction – OEM exhaust theory, restrictions, potential solutions.
0:47 How does the OEM exhaust work?
2:00 EXUP valve (Suzuki SET) function during bike operation.
3:45 EXUP and crossover tube valve operation.
5:21 Base runs with completely stock ECU as well as 100% throttle flashed ECU.
7:45 Discussion of today’s base runs.
8:50 Quickly remove OEM muffler and run again (Yeeeee-Ha!)
9:40 Ohhh yeah
11:07 Dyno run results with no muffler.
11:20 OEM muffler inspection.
11:50 Are Gixxer fans doomed?
13:27 Detailed 2017 GSX-R1000 OEM exhaust explanation and comparison with BMW S1000RR and ZX-10R exhausts.
15:40 Slip-on configurations/definitions explained.
16:50 2017 GSX-R1000 OEM secondary configuration.
Visit www.BrocksPerformance.com for additional information, installation instructions, information forums, and FAQ sections.
About Brock’s Performance: Brock’s Performance leads the way in sportbike innovation for acceleration addicts. From exhaust systems to wheels, this championship-winning company designs, builds and sells more than 3000 products that make it easier and safer for racers and street riders to reach record-breaking results through a never-ending process of research, development and track testing. For more information about Brock’s Performance parts, go to BrocksPerformance.com or call 937-912-0054.