2022/2023 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series
The Australian National Drag Racing Association is pleased to officially release the dates for the 2022/2023 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series.
The 10-round calendar will field events at Darwin’s Hidden Valley Drag Strip, Alice Springs Inland Dragway, Mildura’s Sunset Strip, Portland’s South Coast Raceway, Calder Park Raceway, the Perth Motorplex, and the new drag strip at Tailem Bend’s The Bend Motorsport Park.
The dates are as follows
- Round one – Hidden Valley Drag Strip – Top End Nationals – July 15-16
- Round two – Alice Springs Inland Dragway – Desert Nationals – July 23-24
- Round three – Sunset Strip, Mildura – Spring Nationals – September 17-18
- Round four – Perth Motorplex – Goldenstates – November 11-12
- Round five – Portland’s South Coast Raceway – South Coast Nationals – December 10-11
- Round six – Portland’s South Coast Raceway – South Coast 660 – January 7-8
- Round seven – Calder Park Raceway – Australian Nationals – February 4-5
- Round eight – Mildura’s Sunset Strip – Twilight Nationals – February 17-18
- Round nine – Perth Motorplex – Westernationals – March 4-5
- Round ten (Grand Final) – The Bend Motorsport Park – ANDRA Grand Finals – March 11-12**
Round four and round ten will be held alongside rounds of the Burson Auto Parts Top Fuel Championship and the Australian Drag Racing Championship (ADRC).
“I am pleased to be able to release this ten-round calendar for the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series,” ANDRA Chief Executive Officer, Brett Stevens, said.
“We are once again very thankful for the ongoing support of the series’ title sponsor, Summit Racing Equipment, and for their continued support of ANDRA drag racers across the country.
“The calendar covers an array of traditional SRESS events at long-standing ANDRA member tracks, and we are also pleased to announce that we will be welcoming the new drag strip at The Bend Motorsport Park to the calendar for the first time.
“After another great SRESS season in 2021/2022, we can’t wait to see what our racers have in store for the upcoming 2022/2023 season.”
Entries for rounds one and two of the 2022/2023 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series at the Hidden Valley Drag Strip and Alice Springs Inland Dragway are open now. For more info and to enter, visit www.hiddenvalleydrags.com.au and www.cadra.com.au”
For more from ANDRA, visit www.andra.com.au
*All dates subject to change.
**Awaiting final confirmation
The Australian National Drag Racing Association Ltd, or ANDRA for short, is the drag racing sanctioning body of Australia. The organization was created in 1973 from a more drag racing oriented faction of the Australian Hot Rod Federation. Today ANDRA sanctions races throughout Australia and throughout the year at all levels, from Top Fuel to Junior Dragster, on everything from temporary regional tracks to international standard facilities in capital cities. ANDRA and its members make drag racing a family-friendly, safe sport. So come along as a spectator or bring your street car to an “off-street” event and enjoy the excitement that is Australian drag racing. www.andra.com.au