Hog’s Gone Wild
The Grand Finale
Silver Dollar Raceway
October 16-17, 2020
Hog’s Gone Wild ROAR Back into Shadyside Dragway
Report by Tamre Martin, photos by Tom McCarthy
V Twin Powersports will be hosting the Hog’s Gone Wild Harley Davidson Bagger (HGW) series return to Shadyside Dragway in Shelby, North Carolina, on July 9th & 10th with some of the WILDEST front forks thrown in the air Harley Davidson Bagger bike action you will see anywhere!
Shadyside Dragway is where it all started for Hog’s Gone Wild and Marc & Nancy Fricke of V Twin Powersports were eager to jump on board to sponsor this event. V Twin Powersports & Hog’s Gone Wild are twisting the H.D. throttles wide open for this 2nd race at Shadyside in 2021 and have a lot in store for not only the “Fastest Bagger Bikes” on the planet but FUN for this Family Friendly event.
Fans are eager to see Marc Fricke of V Twin Powersports back to defend his win at the last race here in Shelby NC, as well as all the other winners of the April 2021 HGW race at Shadyside.
We are sure to see winners from the June race in Tulsa Oklahoma, who advanced their positions in the points race, like Demi Meffer, David “Paco” Cartwright, Scott Tomsu, and Dwayne Gee, all equally attempting to knock some of the tires out from under their competitors. It’s going to be exciting and you do not want to miss a single moment!
So as Roger Edgerton, “The Main Man” of Hog’s Gone Wild always says… “It’s Going Down” and here is what’s new and happening at the V Twin Powersports/HGW race weekend!
- Gates open at 12pm Noon. (There will be no early Thursday pull-in for this event.)
- Testing will begin at 1pm.
Race classes for Friday will be:
• Instant Green
• Ward Performance sponsored M8 Shootout
• ET Gamblers
• Big Boys
After racing there will be the 6pm BBQ Dinner provided by Roger & Lashonda/HGW. Pulled Pork, Chicken and all the trimmings will be provided so bring yourself and your appetites
PLUS stay afterwards for Cleveland County North Carolina’s very own band “SkynDeep.” SkynDeep plays Rock, Pop, R&B and they do take requests. SkynDeep will be playing both Friday & Saturday nights.
• Gates Open 7:00 a.m.
• Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.
• Tech Inspection opens at 9 a.m.
• There will be a Drivers Meeting before the track goes HOT for testing.
• ATTN: TRUE STREET CLASS – Bring your Bikes to the staging lanes at the time of the driver Meeting and DO NOT RETURN TO THE PITS. You will be heading out for your required Street Ride miles, return to the track and straight to the Staging Lanes. Do Not leave staging lanes once back to the track per True Street rules.
Run order will be as follows:
• Drivers Meeting (100% attendance please.)
• Morning Prayer – Biker’s For Christ
• Test-N-Tune opens (All classes except those classes going on the Street Ride)
• MTC Engineering – ET Bracket Class
• GRC – Street Class
• 5.60 Index
• Street Kings Motorsports – True Street Class
• 6.0 Index
• V Twin Powersports – Non Bagger Class
• CT Motorsports – Hot Street Class
• A1 Cycles – Pro Street Class
• Star Racing – Outlaw Class
What’s new for the return to Shadyside you may be wondering? V Twin Powersports and Hog’s Gone Wild are going all out for entertainment for one and all but especially for the Kids at this race! V Twin Powersports & HGW are putting on Water Balloon Fights for the Kids! It’s summer and we all know summer is HOT, so what better way to keep the kiddo’s cooled off and enjoying their day! Don’t forget your Sunscreen Moms, Dads, Racers & Fans. This is going to be a great time to bring the family out, entertain the kids and watch some WILD & ROARING Harley Davidson Bagger Bike Racing along with V Twin Powersports, Hog’s Gone Wild, all the racers and their families at Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C., July 9th & 10th!
• RV Parking – $50.00 for the weekend
• Gate Fee – $25.00 per day /$40.00 both days – Children 12 and under free
Hogs Gone Wild would like to thank all of their sponsors:
- A1 Cycles sponsored Pro Street
- CT Motorsports sponsored Hot Street
- Star Racing sponsored Outlaw
- Ward Performance sponsored M-8 Shootout
- V-Twin Powersports sponsored Non-Bagger
- Street Kings Motorsports sponsored True Street
- MTC Engineering sponsored Street ET
- GRC sponsored Street
And our other Sponsors:
Maxx ECU, STFU Motorcycles, Law Tigers, M2 Shocks, Iron Horse Lawyers, What-A-Graphic, DTF Performance, DragVTwin, ProThings apparel, Hardtail Harry’s Speed Shop, Kadafe Racing, Star Power.
Feb 26-27 / Silver Dollar Motorsports Park / Reynolds, GA
April 2-3 / Shadyside Dragway / Shelby, NC
May 14-16 / Keystone Raceway Park / Alexandria, PA
June 4-5 / Tulsa Raceway Park / Tulsa, OK
July 9-10 / Shadyside Dragway / Shelby, NC
August 20-22 / Silver Dollar Motorsports Park / Reynolds, GA – 140K ET Race
October23-24 / Silver Dollar Motorsports Park / Reynolds, GA
November 12-13 / Gulfport Dragway / Gulfport, MS