Introducing the All-New 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa
It was a motorcycle unlike any other. Taking its name from the Peregrine Falcon, the world’s fastest bird, the first Hayabusa pushed styling and performance to a new place and forever changed motorcycle design.
Now it’s happening again. The all-new Suzuki Hayabusa melds two generations of refinement resulting in the quickest, most technologically advanced, and aerodynamic Hayabusa yet.
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (Suzuki) is proud to present the all-new 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa. The next generation of Suzuki’s flagship sportbike is here and reaffirms its status as motorcycling’s Ultimate Sportbike. The 2022 Hayabusa is powered by a thoroughly updated and refined Suzuki inline four-cylinder engine, housed in an updated chassis, managed by a robust suite of new Suzuki electronic rider aids, and wrapped in slippery and stunning aerodynamic bodywork that is distinctly Hayabusa.
Superior Core strength
The Hayabusa’s chassis is designed to empower you with sure footing, nimble handling and predictable control that combine to build confidence and enhance the riding experience. It delivers a smooth and comfortable ride that absorbs irregularities in the road surface and responds faithfully to your will. It effectively transfers the abundant power of its legendary powerplant to the pavement while fully leveraging its onboard intelligent control systems to run and brake effectively, whether barreling down a straight section of road or leaning through corners.
At the core of this outstanding chassis is the Hayabusa’s tried-and-true twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm. Though Suzuki built and track-tested a number of different prototype frames during the development phase, the proven combination of extruded aluminum sections and aluminum castings continues to lend the right amount of suppleness and strength to the overall rigid alloy frame structure. While more costly and demanding to fabricate, extruded aluminum sections pay off in achieving the overall balance required by a machine that delivers ultimate performance and reaches a nominal top speed of 299km/h. This is why extruded aluminum frame members can also be found on a number of supercars.
KYB inverted cartridge forks provide 120mm of front wheel travel and feature diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm outer diameter inner fork tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small irregularities in the road surface. Spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping are all fully adjustable. The internal structure has been upgraded to better to absorb the road surface and ensure an even smoother, more stable ride with optimum grip. The internal structure of the fully adjustable KYB link-type rear suspension was also revised to maximize comfort and straight-line stability. Additionally, settings for both the front and rear suspension are optimized to achieve a stable ride with neutral feel at all speeds.
Hayabusa fans and riders will recognize the iconic, aerodynamic Hayabusa silhouette that has been polished through extensive wind tunnel sessions. The Hayabusa features new vent shapes, air diffusers, and reimagined logos while a sophisticated LED lighting system to achieve a new zenith of style and function.
“Everyone here at Suzuki is thrilled and excited to introduce the all-new Suzuki Hayabusa,” said Kerry Graeber, VP MC/ATV Sales and Marketing. “I remember the launch of the original Hayabusa and how it radically changed the motorcycle landscape in 1999. This new Hayabusa is an amazing technologically advanced new machine and here to do that all over again.”
Engine performance has been broadened so the Hayabusa accelerates quicker and smoother than ever before while complying with worldwide emissions standards. Rider control is expanded through the Hayabusa’s Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.). The engine’s adjustable power delivery, traction control*, cruise control, launch control, quick shift, and Motion Track ABS** and Combined Brake systems offer the Hayabusa rider unmatched options on how the ride will unfold.
The 2022 Hayabusa has over 550 new or redesigned parts, all with a focus on delivering the ultimate and balanced sportbike experience. Motorcycle history repeats itself as all eyes turn to the Suzuki Hayabusa; another testament to Suzuki’s century of dedication to creating art while building the best performing product that is unmatched in quality, reliability, and value. The Hayabusa, like its namesake peregrine falcon, soars above all once again.
- The Hayabusa remains instantly recognizable as its restyled, wind-cheating body retains the cues that were inspired by the peregrine falcon – the world’s fastest animal. To bring a sophisticated appearance to the iconic Hayabusa, Suzuki’s design team incorporated distinct lines and shapes to achieve an expression of refinement and ultimate performance.
- Fully re-engineered, the Hayabusa’s legendary 1340cc, four-cylinder, DOHC engine is fed by new Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies with dual fuel injectors feeding each cylinder, mixing with pressurized air from the Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) intakes in the nose of the aerodynamic fairing. The new, symmetrical twin silencer exhaust system is lighter with better flow and a stimulating exhaust note.
- Enhancements to the Hayabusa’s superbike-caliber, twin-spar aluminum frame result in a more stable ride with nimble handling that can be personalized through the adjustable KYB-supplied suspension. Optimized aerodynamics and wind protection provide comfort while improved braking performance inspires rider confidence.
- The Hayabusa employs an advanced version of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.); a comprehensive collection of electronic rider aids like Cruise Control and Bi-directional Quick Shift systems that can optimize and personalize the motorcycle’s performance characteristics to match the conditions and desires of the rider. Only the Hayabusa offers this premium suite of aids that simultaneously boosts performance and comfort as riders enjoy the ultimate sportbike experience.
- Greater horsepower and torque throughout the low- to mid-speed range.
Worldwide emissions compliance (including Euro 5) is achieved without sacrificing top speed.
- Suzuki’s latest and most advanced electronic control system (Suzuki Intelligent Ride System- S.I.R.S.) is integrated into the new Hayabusa.
- Dynamic new styling that has been optimized through extensive wind-tunnel development that is very different from other motorcycles, but easily recognizable as an aerodynamic Hayabusa.
- A new TFT LCD panel is integrated with a fresh version of the Hayabusa’s popular analog instrument cluster.
- New, full LED lighting includes a projector and multi-plane headlight, plus forward position lights and a combination taillight that have integrated turn signals so no stalks protrude from the sleek bodywork.
- Suspension refinement and new wheels provide a heightened sense of stability at high speeds plus agility on turns and winding roads.
- The front brakes feature the latest Brembo Stylema calipers and larger diameter brake discs for improved braking efficiency and feel.
- New Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 tires were developed exclusively for the new Hayabusa.
- For 2022, riders may choose from three beautiful color options- Glass Sparkle Black & Candy Burnt Gold, Metallic Matte Sword Silver & Candy Daring Red, or Pearl Brilliant White & Metallic Matte Stellar Blue paint schemes. Each scheme features restyled Hayabusa Kanji symbols and model name logos.
And that is just a small list of all the improvements to the 2022 Hayabusa, whose product concept has been summarized as “The Refined Beast.” The new Hayabusa’s engine performance has been broadened, so the Hayabusa accelerates quicker and smoother than ever before; while also complying with worldwide emissions standards.
|Overall Length||2,180 mm (85.8 in.)|
|Overall width||735 mm (28.9 in.)|
|Overall height||1,165 mm (45.9 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,480 mm (58.3 in.)|
|Ground clearance||125 mm (4.9 in.)|
|Seat height||800 mm (31.5 in.)|
|Curb weight||264 kg (582 lbs.)|
|Engine type||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line four|
|Bore x stroke||81.0 mm x 65.0 mm (3.189 in. x 2.559 in.)|
|Engine displacement||1,340 cm³ (81.8 cu. in.)|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection|
|Lubrication system||Wet sump|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front suspension||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rake / trail||23° 00′ / 90 mm (3.54 in.)|
|Front brakes||Brembo Stylema®, 4-piston, twin disc, ABS-equipped|
|Rear brake||Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped|
|Front tire size||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Rear tire size||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Ignition system||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Fuel tank capacity||20.0 L (5.3 US gal)|
In support of the launch of the new 2022 Hayabusa, Suzuki is also proud to announce the debut of the all-new Hayabusa microsite. Just like the new Hayabusa, this new microsite has been built from the ground up featuring all the key imagery, information, and features of the new Hayabusa.
Learn more about the new 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa at SuzukiCycles.com/Hayabusa.
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (SMAI) distributes Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, Outboard Motors, and Automotive Parts, Accessories, and ECSTAR Oils & Chemicals via an extensive dealer network throughout 49 states. Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC), based in Hamamatsu, Japan, is a diversified worldwide manufacturer of Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, Automobiles, Outboard Motors, and related products. Founded in 1909 and incorporated in 1920, SMC has business relations with 201 countries/regions. For more information, visit www.suzuki.com.