Man Cup presented by Vance & Hines
39th annual Fast by Gast Nationals
presented by Mickey Thompson Tires and Advanced Sleeve
July 10-12, 2020
FBG Nationals Event Schedule
On July 10th through July 12th, 2020, the Man Cup motorcycle drag racing series, presented by Vance & Hines, will begin its tenth year of operations beginning with the 39th annual Fast by Gast Nationals, presented by Mickey Thompson Tires and Advanced Sleeve that will be contested at Dragway 42, in West Salem Ohio. This will be the first of three races remaining in the fractured 2020 race season. Due to complications relative to the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020, the first two events of the season were canceled and this was completely out of the hands of the Man Cup sanction. The cancellations were state-mandated by the locations of the events.
Later this year, in November of 2020, the sanction will eclipse ten years of competition. The very first Manufacturer’s Cup gathering event was held in November of 2010, back when nine manufacturers banded together to hold the first event.
This will be an interesting start to the 2020 season for the Top Fuel bikes, especially for the Brown/Bradley Top Fuel motorcycle team, piloted by Mitch Brown. They have been out testing twice this year already and are eager to put what they have learned to the test in competition. They have a 4.0 eighth-mile ET at almost 200 MPH, so they are hoping to see a new personal best for the team their first race out this season.
An interesting new professional class of motorcycles may enter the lanes at this event, Jay Regan invited the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycles to attend as they have been dormant this year due to complications from the COVID-19 Pandemic. It is unknown if or how many may attend the event, but the door is open to all NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle teams.
Pit Gate opens at 12:00pm for early arriving racers and sponsors and will close at 9:00pm . Gate fee for Thursday is 50.00 which includes a Dragway 42 facility fee
Pit Gate opens at 7:00am and will close at 10:00pm / weekend gate fee is $40.00
Man Cup operated Tune-n-Test program 10:00am – 4:30pm @ 75.00 per bike
The rear of the lanes will close promptly at 3:30 in an attempt to run out all bikes in the lanes by 4:30pm deadline. The front of the lanes will close at 4:30 regardless of who or how many are still remaining in the lanes. If there are bikes left in the lanes upon closing, they will be afforded a time after round 1 of Sportsman qualifying.
Pro Round 1 qualifying 5:00 pm: Real Street / Pro Street / Pro Open / Pro Mod / Top Fuel
Sportsman Q1 – Ultra 4.60 / Super Comp / Street Fighter / Top Gas
Tune-n-Test pass (one per entry) for any bikes left in the lanes at 4:30 ONLY
Pit Gate opens: 07:00 and will close at 11:00 pm
9:00am ET Time Runs / Street ET / Pro ET / V-Twin ET
ET Eliminations Round 1 – Street ET / Pro ET / V-Twin ET
Pro Round 2 qualifying 1:30 pm: Top Fuel / Pro Fuel / Pro Mod / Pro Open / Pro Street / Real Street
Sportsman Q2 – Ultra 4.60 / Super Comp / Street Fighter / Top Gas
ET Eliminations Round 2 – Street ET / Pro ET / V-Twin ET
ET Eliminations Round 3 – Street ET / Pro ET / V-Twin ET
Sportsman Q3 – Ultra 4.60 / Super Comp / Street Fighter / Top Gas
Continued ET Eliminations until Pro Q3
Pro Round 3 Qualifying 7:00pm: Top Fuel / Pro Fuel / Pro Mod / Pro Open / Pro Street / Real Street / Grudge
Continued ET Eliminations until completion – Grudge runs end at the completion of the ET program
Saturday scheduling notes:
- Every effort within reason will be made to run the Pro rounds on time regardless of where we are at in the program.
- In the event we are running markedly ahead of schedule, Pro, Street and V-Twin ET elimination rounds will happen at any time. Please keep a keen ear open for PA announcements regarding schedule changes across the day!!
Pit Gate opens: 7:00 Chapel Service 7:45 – 8:30
9:00am ET Eliminations Round 1 – Street ET / Pro ET / V-Twin ET
ET Eliminations Round 2 – Street ET / Pro ET / V-Twin ET
Opening ceremonies: Immediately following ET round #2 – approx 10:30
Pro’s E1 11:00 am: Pro Fuel / Pro Mod / Pro Open / Pro Street / Real Street
Sportsman E1: Ultra 4.60 / Super Comp / Street Fighter / Top Gas
Pro’s E2: Following Sportsman E1 – MUST round for 16 bike fields, IF round for 8 bike fields
Continued rounds of Sportsman and ET Eliminations as time, will allow leading up to Pro E3
Pro’s E3: 3:30
Continued rounds of Sportsman and ET Eliminations as time will allow leading up to Pro Finals
Pro Finals: 5:00
Run out subsequent rounds of Sportsman and ET Eliminations to completion
Target to secure Sunday 6:30 pm
Sunday scheduling notes:
- All Pro Rounds will attempt to be run on time regardless of where we are at in the schedule. Pro 8 bike fields will run semi-final round with Pro round two eliminations ONLY if all competitors still in are ready to go at that time. If not, they must run with round three regardless of being ready.
- There will no availability for any “time only” passes on Sunday afternoon, regardless of class nor any Grudge passes, please do not ask!
- The Man Cup’s goal on Sunday is to get the event completed and get all racers, win or lose, on the road toward home at a reasonable time. All elimination rounds of Pro ET, Street ET and all Sportsman classes will be run as time allows. If you continue to win in any ET or Sportsman class after first round, please get your bike back to the lanes and be ready to go. ALL ET + Sportsman round winners are on notice that you class may run AT ANY TIME across Sunday afternoon and it is your obligation to be ready to go at ALL times! We will do the very best we can to accommodate riders who have multiple entries but it is also your obligation to let the officials know what other classes you are still in and how much time you need. Communication and additional Pit help are both tremendously important for all entries running in multiple classes! This schedule is done in an effort to try to constantly keep bikes going down the track and to have the event conclude at a reasonable time.
More Event Details
- Sportsman #1 Qualifier Bonuses at FBG Nationals – https://dragbike.us/2VJ79s3
- FBG Nationals – 5,000 to win MPS Pro ET at Dragway 42 – https://dragbike.us/3eJOIel
- Brown & Bradley Top Fuel Motorcycle Ready to Kick off 2020 – https://dragbike.us/3ip0fSQ
- FBG Nationals Hotel Info – https://dragbike.us/2VMO2gQ
About Man Cup Motorcycle Drag Racing: Headquartered in Safety Harbor, Florida, Man Cup motorcycle drag racing is North America’s largest professional motorcycle drag racing sanctioning body. Man Cup promotes motorcycle drag racing on a national event basis for professional, sportsman and ET bracket racers alike and is open to riders of all skill and experience levels. The Man Cup Series is the only national event style motorcycle drag racing series comprised of events throughout the eastern half of the United States. For marketing opportunities with the Man Cup as well as more information on Man Cup Motorcycle Drag Racing, please visit www.mancup.info on the web or 727-742-5245 voice/text.
- July 10-12 / Dragway 42
- Sept 11-13 / Rockingham Dragway
- November 18-22 / SGMP World Finals
The Man Cup Series is brought to you by our sponsors: Adams Performance – APE – Bates Leathers – Carolina Cycle – Cometic – Cooper Performance – D&G Chassis – DME Racing – Daytona Senors – Dragbike.com – Exotic Cycle – Falicon Performance – Fast By Gast – Grothus Dragbike – Hawaya Racing – Hot Rod Chrissy Photos – HTP Performance – JRI Shocks – Lectron – MoTec – MPS Racing – MRE – MTC Engineering – Muzzys – Penske Shocks – Pingel Enterprises – Portable Shade – PR Factory Store – RCC Turbo – Roaring Toyz – Rob Bush Motorsports – Rockingham Dragway – S&S Cycle – Schnitz Racing – Shinko – Star Racing – Western Power Sports – South Georgia Motorsports Park – Trac Dynamics – Vance & Hines – Ward Performance – Web Cam – Wiseco Pistons – Worldwide Bearings – Wossner Pistons