Schnitz Racing: LED Dual Stage Shift Light with Autoshift
LED Dual Stage Shift Light with Autoshift
With a highly visible shift light, you don’t need to worry about missing a shift. You will get consistent results, shifting at the exact desired engine RPM each and every time. With the aid of a Schnitz shift light, hitting the rev limiter while going down the track is a thing of the past!
Seven bright red LEDs visible in direct sunlight. Easy wire-up directly to the coil. RISC processor for extreme precision and easy user interface. Simply press and hold both program buttons to enter into program mode, where you can set the desired launch rpm, launch limits, cylinder setting and shift point setting. The new settings are then stored in memory.
Dimensions: 3.125″ long x 0.75″ diameter. The most compact shift light of any manufacturer! Two different style Mounting Brackets. Vinyl covers are for reducing emitted light intensity for night racing. They do not determine the color of the emitted LED light. Covers match the LED color.
Uses the signal to the speedometer or the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) signal to determine launch or shift mode.
Example: Program the launch to 6000 rpm, +/- 200 rpm and shift point at 10500 rpm. This effectively creates a launch “window” of 5800 rpm to 6200 rpm. If the vehicle is staged (not moving) the unit enters into launch mode automatically. If the rpm is under the lower limit of 5800 rpm, the LEDs are off. If the rpm is above 6200 rpm, the LEDs flash rapidly. However, if the rpm is within 5800 rpm and 6200 rpm, the LEDs are on constant. So the user simply brings the engine rpm up until all LEDs are on. This keeps one from looking down at the tach trying to keep the tach needle to the desired launch point. After the launch, the unit automatically disables the launch mode and enables the shift mode, where it will come on at 10500 rpm in this example.
If you choose to not use the launch feature when you’re not at the track, simply press the program button twice within 0.5 sec to disable the launch feature. When you’re ready to race again, simply press the program button twice within 0.5 sec to re-enable the launch feature.
The auxiliary output wire (brown) can be used to ground a circuit (switches to ground) with the RPM is equal to or great than the shift point. This is perfect for wiring up to a relay for auto shifting with an air or electric shifter! It is recommended to install a toggle switch inline with the brown wire so this output can be disabled if need be. You must use a relay to activate a shift solenoid. We offer a kit right here.
- Ultra Precision, digital RISC microcontroller technology!
- Self Contained, no rpm activation modules or “pills” needed!
- No tach adaptor needed for new “Coil-on-Plug” with multi-spark ignitions!
- Works on all digital ignition systems.
- Can be connected to “tach out” terminal of aftermarket CDI ignition boxes, or directly to the coil on inductive systems.
- Fast and easy RPM setting with digital display and two program buttons
- 1000-20,000 RPM range adjustable in 100 RPM increments
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 cylinder engines
- 5 or 12 volt tach signal operation (ECM or coil)
- Seven high intensity red LEDS
- Black anodized 6061-T6 aluminum housings
- 0.75 inch diameter x 3.625 inches long
- Simple 5 wire hookup: red=12VDC, black=ground, green=tach lead, white=Speed signal, brown=output to control external devices
- Shipped with 2 types of mounting brackets
- 5 ounce total weight
- User adjustable sensitivity levels. Minimum signal required to activate shift light in high sensitivity mode ( 2 volts peak to peak square wave). Minimum signal required to activate shift light in standard sensitivity mode ( 4.8 volts peak to peak square wave).
- Shift light automatically switches between launch and shift mode controlled by speed signal. Zero speed = launch mode. Non zero speed = shift mode.
Schnitz Motorsports, Inc.
222 N 3rd Street •Decatur, IN 46733
Phone: (260) 728-9457